any pay to fish trout ponds around cambridge?

ricardo

Call 519 623 9000

Here's their ad...

"Coldspring Trout Farm consists of three cold, fresh, spring water ponds nestled within a 100 acre nature preserve. Our ponds are filled with healthy rainbow trout that are as good to eat as they are fun to catch. We have a no-release, keep what you catch fishery. A fly fishing catch and release program with annual memberships is available.

You may bring your own fishing equipment or rent fully equipped rods from our pro shop as well as bait and accessories to help you land that big one! Located 5 minutes from Cambridge, one hour from Toronto - Hours: Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and holidays 8-8"

I don't mean to pooh pooh on your day, but you might want to call them and find out what they charge for each fish caught (you have to keep them all). My admin took her children to a trout pond last summer and it turned into a $100 day for 2 adults & 2 children. That's a lot if your not expecting it.

Sorry, just don't want you to be shocked at the final cost.

Slayer

Thanx for the heads up. I called the number and its a pet groomers. Number must have changed. I was going to go there just with my son (he's 3 so he'll cast only a few times). Want to have a trout on the line to see what the hype is about.

LOL

Go barbless,Fight them,then let the line go slack til they come off. YELL OH DARN,IT GOT OFF. ;)

What a rip off, these places are. I can understand their bussiness,but come on. I can buy a smoked trout cheaper then you can,catching one from them.

I dont mean to be a pooh, pooh, as well.

There was a place just north New Dundee. SW corner of Huron Rd. & Queen St.

Been a couple years since I've been past it so not sure if it's still going. Never fished there myself.

Yes thats the place I posted Use to be called Spring Valley

About an 1/2 hr from Cambridge in a car/truck.

• 9 months later...

Have you tried Wilmer Trout Ponds, north of Durham, on Hwy.#6? 519-369-5717. Their fish are NOT pellet fed. Good for eating, and the prices are reasonable.

How about an introduction?