Dog Lovers

Twocoda

If anyone from OFC would like the "WE ARE LENNOX" tag put onto a picture of your dog to support the fight against BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) simply drop a photo on http://www.facebook.com/AmericanBulldogsinCanada and i will do it and post it in the "WE ARE LENNOX" folder that you can share or download for you personal support to fight in Lennoxs Honour

I just spent the better part of two hours talking with Philip Huggins over the phone because i couldnt find any updated information regarding his case since 2010 ... http://www.dlcc.ca/ginger.html so i took apon myself to call him personally...Its evident through our conversation his wounds still bleed deep for the love he has for Ginger who now resides in Nova Scotia (not confirmed) because it was his only option to save Gingers life.According to Philip 780 thousand dollars of tax payers money was wasted to only have the DLCC removed Ginger shortly after his court date in 2010. Phillip tried to get updates from DLCC regarding Ginger's well being to no avail. Even after all these years Phillips voice trembled on the telephone of hurt when he speaks of the incident. Phillip is a large man of over 6 feet but in my eyes he is immeasurable for standing up for whats right and going through all that he has ...for the love of his dog. It has made me wonder...if i could have done it without completely losing it all together. It is planned that we are going to meet in the near future but for simplicity sake...hopefully he will attend from the invitation i sent forth to him to appear on the 27th because it would be an honour to thank him personally for surviving the tribulations BSL has bestowed upon his life as a Canadian . To think we live in Canada is a mistake....we live in ONTARIO and apparently we do things different here. Its truely a sad situation when it takes a dog named Lennox from another continent to piss people like me off. To see blatantly how messed up we are right here at home in the True North Strong and FREE....remember those words when they come and "kick your doors in on a sweep for your dog that has long since been removed" I know there are bully breed owners on this forum and if your dog isnt a bully breed its comming to your dog next ( not kidding ) Punish the DEED NOT THE BREED...There is a demonstration on the 21st in Toronto Hope to see some of you there

http://www.facebook.com/events/321660744592603/

Edited by Twocoda

If it wasn't a problem, then there wouldn't be legislation. They won't be kicking my door in though for my black lab. It's not just the owners, it's in their DNA.

It could be in their DNA but ALOT of it has to do with their owners. Another factor could be if the dog was taken away from its litter before being 8 weeks old. I have seen a show where not even Caeser Milan could rehabilitate a dog that was taken away from its litter too young. I know a guy who works for the SPCA in Mississauga and he claims that labs are the most frequent breed to bite. Although, I'm sure it has alot to do with the fact that labs are probably the most popular dog among families. No problems with mine, but ask me how much effort I put into her ;).

If it wasn't a problem, then there wouldn't be legislation. They won't be kicking my door in though for my black lab. It's not just the owners, it's in their DNA.

I dont want this to sound harsh by any means ...but if you believe your statement because of your black lab...you better do your homework on the subject...there are 75 breeds of dogs listed on the BSL lists in North America...even Golden Retreivers....it isnt the BREED its the DEED and irresponsible owners that just so happen to use " pit bull type " dogs because they do possess some capabilities.. it used to be ROTTIES DOBBIE GERMAN SHEPARDS but ...PITBULLS and THEIR TYPE just so happen to be lovable when they arent doing what they are trained to do by irresponsible people so they are more pleasant to have around If someone was to use the dog for illegal activities....if anyone makes a report about your dog for what ever reason and they say the word PIT BULL TYPE then yes....they can and will kick your doors in and peel your dog away from your family....then the onus is on YOU to prove your dog isnt a pitbull...(which violates your rights as a Canadian)...sure they can see the dog looks like a lab...but the police do not have the qualifications to make that judgement so your dog is incarcerated for up to 30 days while they sort it out....now the problem with PIT BULL or PIT BULL TYPE dogs is ...they do have alot of similarities to the untrained eye so its easier to LUMP them into one catagory ( i used to have a Lab Cross that had doberman markings,,,,one cromozone way fron being on a kill list...i just had Philip Huggins here at my house last night and if you think he has had an easy life because of Breed Specific Legislation then you are mistaken Here is a link for Philip Huggins plight http://www.dlcc.ca/ginger.html so if you dont think your rights as a dog owner are not in violation with BSL then you are living under a rock (sorry to say that)...Ill be there this saturday at 1 oclock with my American Bulldog to protest for your rights if you cant make it ...ill proudly make the 3 hour drive for you...if you can make it ...the dogs in the picture above will be with me...make sure you say hi...Im not a "bleeding heart activist" by any means but if you do...do your homework on the subject you will see why i will be there....seriously ...glance at the pictures....but READ and understand the literature that goes with them.

Cheers!

Edited by Twocoda

Totally agree, its about ownership and less about the breed. I have a beautiful pure bred German Shepherd and would not want to see her succumb to the same legislation as the poor pitbull because some owners are idiots.

I can see it already, license to own a pet. They are already legislating us to death, but this actually wouldn't be such a bad thing as there is alot of people out there that don't have a clue what their doing, or simply don't care enough.

After owning my lab only 2 months, I was walking her in my neighbourhood and another chocolate lab pulled the leash out of the owners hands and attacked my dog. After asking the owner how often do you walk it, he replied a couple times a month. After I educated him a bit, he had no clue that you should walk a lab atleast once a day, preferably twice for about 30min.

I can see it already, license to own a pet. They are already legislating us to death, but this actually wouldn't be such a bad thing as there is alot of people out there that don't have a clue what their doing, or simply don't care enough.

After owning my lab only 2 months, I was walking her in my neighbourhood and another chocolate lab pulled the leash out of the owners hands and attacked my dog. After asking the owner how often do you walk it, he replied a couple times a month. After I educated him a bit, he had no clue that you should walk a lab atleast once a day, preferably twice for about 30min.

Yes its sad the Labs i see that are shaped like a barrel with hair and legs...THOSE people should be evaluated as to abuse of an animal...The BEST exercise for your lab is ...let it swim...just like the Goldens they will love you for it ...there is a reason they have hollow hair fibre...my dogs get an extreme hard 1/2 hour workout almost every day and walked countless times...my motto is ...an exhausted dog is happy dog...and it doesnt hurt me either

Its a brutal law and I have some personal experience.

Years ago, shortly after the legislation was passed, we were looking after my girlfriend's daughter's dog for a week or two. Paco was "pitbull" kinda looking dog, a mutt really. Anyways, one day while I was at work, the younger boys were playing with Paco and our dog, Bear, down in the water. I'd warned them to keep a close eye on him and not let him wander, not because I was worried he was dangerous, but I knew of the legislation and wanted no issues.

Anyways, as 14 year-olds are prone to do, they didn't pay enough attention and Paco ended up out front of the house when the neighbourhood busy-body happened to be walking by. Apparently he jumped up at her (probably looking for a pet) and she went home and called the cops reporting a pit-bull attack. Absolutely no bites or marks besides maybe a paw print on her pants.

Two weeks later, well after Paco had gone home, we got a visit from the OSPCA with ticket book in hand. $2000 in fines (at least 3 different charges all regarding a restricted breed) and a death warrant for the dog, only on the say-so of the neighbour. The OSPCA had never even seen Paco (and never did), nevermind determine if he actually was a pit-bull.

It was a heart-breaking situation, we tried, but had no luck in placing him with a rescue organization and Rachel couldn't bear keeping him under the even stricter restrictions he was placed under in the short term. So a healthy, friendly young dog had to meet his maker well before his time, all because he might have been a pit-bull. To be honest, he probably was but why should that really matter, the poor bugger never hurt a fly.

Here he is all mean looking waiting for a cookie with my dog Bear:

2006_0107Image0002.jpg

Just as a contrast, Bear who was a much bigger, more powerful animal in all respects, had pretty much free reign throughout our little nieghbourhood for more than 12 years without issue, thank god he didn't look like a pit-bull...

Sorry to hear that Jer, I never owned a pit bull, but have absolutely nothing against them. I hear they are very loving and loyal dogs and our laws are a shame. mad.gif

To say that all pit-bulls are evil because of some stupid owners that raised a meen dog would be like saying all Honda Civics should be banned because some people are careless driving them. wink.gif

Ya, I have one now:

HPIM1955.jpg

BSL still pisses me off...

Sorry to hear that Jer, I never owned a pit bull, but have absolutely nothing against them. I hear they are very loving and loyal dogs and our laws are a shame. mad.gif

To say that all pit-bulls are evil because of some stupid owners that raised a meen dog would be like saying all Honda Civics should be banned because some people are careless driving them. wink.gif

Geez, now your scaring me...I drive a Civic.

Jer im sorry you had to go through this and even worse lost the dog....If Paco had of bitten the lady then it still wouldnt warrant his death maybe some mandatory behavioral rehabilitation or there would be a pile of Chiwawas higher then the CN Tower. But as you said...he didnt even bite her...I know they are Dogs not humans...but the dogs in our house are harmless family Members...everyone that meets Paxton absolutley loves him and i actually consider it an honour that i now have a Picture of with Philip Huggins with my dog that i took last night when he was here at my house...He had NO IDEA as to the Plight of Lennox of the on goings since this little dogs death..its actually AMAZING the support around the world and Ontario is the ONLY province in Canada to be SHAMED for having BSL...way to go MCSQUITY your going to put Ontario as a whole on the Map for the wrong reasons...unless you do the right thing and PUSH HERSHYS LAW into effect immediately. I wonder if the Belfast City Council are regretting the decision they made from the world backlash on them...I know the people of Northern Ireland are regretting their decision when so many high profile people like Cesar Millan and Gloria Stilwell offered the opportunity for them to be HEROES of the world but they chose ZEROES....If you live in Toronto and love your dog or your rights as a Canadian...bring it down..your dogs need a walk anyways...show your support on their behalf..I dont care which party brought BSL into legislation but it was a Liberal Party and i dont care which Party gets BSL out of legislation because the leaders of the Ontario crusade are from all three Parties...BSL is wrong! Plain and simple...Look into your dogs eyes and try to explain to them why its right...because they dont have a voice...is the only reason you wont here a rebuttal...

Philip Huggins with Paxton last night at my house on the front lawn PhilipHuggins.jpg

If you want to educate yourself on the up comming events here is a good start for links to everything pertinent to Ontario

http://www.facebook.com/Supporting.Hersheys.Bill

you wont have to look Far from there to see how the world is changing from a dog named Lennox... Hopefully the little Belfast American Bulldog will end BSL for you and your breed too...

Cheers

BSL comming to a town near you....Bull Mastiffs and Rotties...welcome to death row in Midland Ontario

SCHEDULE ‘A’ TO AMENDING BY-LAW 99-64

Pit Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, Pit Bull, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American

Staffordshire Terrier, or any dog of mixed breeding which includes any of the aforementioned

breeds.

Rottweiler or any dog of mixed breeding which includes the aforementioned breed.

Any member of the Mastiff dog family or any dog of mixed breeding which includes the

aforementioned breed. (Amending By-law 2001-22)

G J MacDonald

DO you still believe this doesnt effect you??? think again...

edit to add the link..just in case someone in the Midland area has a dog

http://calendar.county.simcoe.on.ca/partners/midland/media/files/Dogs.pdf

Edited by Twocoda

here is the short and simple of it from someone that has been fighting this battle for 7 years since it became legislation

"Alice Chiasson asks...

someone told me today this whole BSL thing was started when McGuinty's maid was chased by a boxer, but she identified it as a pit bull. Is that right?

Sunday at 9:18pm

Supporting Cheri DiNovo In Removing All Aspects of BSL In Ontario replies

The main culprit of Ontario Breed Ban law was the then Attn General Michael Bryant. He was getting so much flak for the poor job he was doing and the high crime rate, then came a couple of incidents and the bank wagon began. It worked the focus was then on the dogs and the main press bought into the buzz. It really was just a sound bite for a publicly happy politician. Dalton was the idiot leader that followed suit and supported him in this endeavor. Dalton has a pit bull type dog as a child so he knows better but thought this law would get him some votes :( BIG MISTAKE."

For the Hamilton People

Advocate John Zernikel is organizing a World Wide Walk for "The world is my Voice * Lennox* "Hope for Change" Pit bull Walk Saturday July 21 2012 @ 1 pm @ City Hall St. Catharines on Church Street. Hope to see you at this Rally/Walk for change.

If interested let John know. To Quote John "bring your Pit bulls & ALL BREEDS ARE WELCOME to spend a day with me. End this ban on Pit bulls NOW, we are not ashamed of them, for we are the voice of change".

So they've got the wear a muzzle, that's about the only thing I got from that pdf... Death row? Not so much.

Ya...until there's an "incident", no matter how minor...then the "no tolerance" of the nanny state kicks in.

So they've got the wear a muzzle, that's about the only thing I got from that pdf... Death row? Not so much.

I see now you were talking about the Midland by-law.

Seems totally un-enforcable to me...who gets to decide if your dog might have some particular, undesirable breed mixed in?

Bill that is an Amendment for the area of Midland....to add to the BSL list that these dogs will have to comply to the same rules of the pitbull and pitbull type as under the dangerous dog act....this means ....if you own a dog described in the amendment...and someone calls in to complaint about your dog....they have the right to walk in your house without a warrant and seize your dog....if you resist you are liable to the same punishments as the Pit Bull/"TYPES" owners have been exposed to for the last 7 years..Families have been destroyed..It took two reading in the House to bring this Bullcrap into our lives and as of feb this year the second reading has passed to get rid of it ....its goes to the committee now ....so its very important that EVERYONE makes some noise NOW because if it gets refused.... fighting BSL will have to start all over again...AND THE LIST IS GETTING BIGGER

watch this...its actually kind of commical in OUR house

Edited by Twocoda

I see now you were talking about the Midland by-law.

Seems totally un-enforcable to me...who gets to decide if your dog might have some particular, undesirable breed mixed in?

thats part of the problem....not many people are qualified to determine...all it takes ia a call ....and the ONUS is on you to prove your pet isnt a certain breed...meanwhile your dog is incarcerated @ your expence for up to 30 days while your working to save your dogs life ....if you dont make it in time....i hope you have deep pockets...or you didnt care about your dog to start with ...because an order of destruction will be started and ...kiss your dog good bye or get a second mortgage...Im not trying to fear monger here...Its the LAW!

Edited by Twocoda

I am each and every one of you on this forum that owns a dog ( i have two) Im responsible with them and I have never advocated in my life for ANYTHING in my life...after following the "Lennox" story i became intrigued with the callousness of the BCC (Belfast City Counsel)decision to terminate the Lennox (American Bulldog) based on the laws they have stating that he "looks" like a pitbull (BSL)...They had ample opportunities to save face for their people and the City of Belfast to shine as heros through out the world if they had of accepted countless offers from world renowned experts and celebrities to re-home the dog in the USA...They Killed the dog anyways destroying a little girls heart and devastating the family that fought for two years for the love of their pet....so i took it upon myself to see how bad our laws are right here in Ontario...Guess what ...Our Laws are very very similar to theirs over seas...Well i thought ...this cant happen here...WE ARE CANADA...we dont do stuff like that....ooops Guess what?!?!...I found Philip Huggins case and it went dead....me being me found him and called him up...nice guy! He seemed more then happy to just drive 3 hours to my place to tell his story...Blew me away the horrors that BSL has put on his life.Philip and Ginger are the very first BSL victims in Ontario. With his determination and love for his dog,,,he wouldnt back down ( Just like Lennox's family didnt) Hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money went to Gingers case because it was the first...3 and half years Ginger sat in prison while superstar lawyers sorted out the law that was only thrown in for votes as a smoke screen "Panic Policy" hoping that Huggins would give up or roll over and "play dead"...wasnt going to happen!!! His life gets turned inside out and upside down for loving the "wrong" breed of dog and having an incident happen beyond his control....SO essentially I (and you) AM HUGGING and my American Bulldog is Lennox and so is yours with the growing additions to be added to BSL.. the I AM LENNOX Campaign Around the World is set up to let BSL know....it is going down like the thousands of innocent dogs it has already killed ( Hersheys Law in Ontario)....Its obvious this subject has become near to my heart that it surprises me too that i would ever appeal to OFC and its members to please....

RODSNOTYOURDOGSHERSHEY.jpg