Jays tickets vs. Cleveland and accomidations (n.f)

sturgman

Hello everyone.....

I am planning a quick trip to the "big smoke" with my girlfriend and my mother-in-law this upcoming weekend.... Seeing that I am a northern guy and rarely visit this area I am unsure how to proceed in purchasing tickets for these upcoming games. Mom has been a HUGE Jays fan since the 80's and has never seen a game at the Rogers centre.. So, my girlfriend and I are anxious to show her the jays up close and personal with great seats and good accommodations. I am looking for some guidance, can someone help this Northern guy out?

Should we purchase tickets and hotel room in advance, or.... find an online jays-hotel/ticket package?

I am soooo confused! We're going to have a blast but need some assistance figuring this out!

Thanks in advance! GO JAYS GO!!

Blaine

Will the hotel just be a place to sleep or do you want one with stuff close by ? I presume you're driving so I hafta ask how you like driving in downtown Toronto as there's some roadwork on Front St. not far from the dome. There are a multitude of hotels within short walking distance from the dome. The Hilton Garden Inn is up the road on Peter St. (and stone's throw from MEC), the Strathcona is beside the Royal York (Front University) etc etc..

I you want to avoid down town hotel prices but still have access to down town activities then consider a hotel near the subway line.

I don't think you should have trouble picking up tickets. You can buy them at any Rogers Store; you can probably buy them at the ticket office at the Dome itself (sell outs are pretty rare).

For most baseball games......buy the cheapest tickets available and then after 1 or 2 innings sit wherever you want as there will be many better seats not occupied.

x10 just make sure it's not too popular game or there won't be any empty seats. Also it's easier to print off tickets.

Dome security will ask to see your tickets as you enter "your" section.

Frogkicker......you must be a piker at this....I have sat as close as 11 rows up right behind HOME PLATE.......I NEVER sit in the seats I purchase...many ways around them asking for your tickets....LOL

Not sure about the hotel but it's very easy to get tickets at the box office.

Last night I dropped my wife & kid off at her sister's condo which is only 2 blocks away from Roger's Centre. I looked at the clock and it was 7PM. I'm from Barrie so I only get to a couple games a year so I decided to walk over and took in the game (yes by myself, I'm a bit of a diehard). You can pretty much get any seats you want as long as you got the money and you don't have to pay the high convenience fees of ticketmaster. There are scalpers everywhere if you have cash although might not look good in front of your mom buying from the corner dude.

Not sure about the hotel but it's very easy to get tickets at the box office.

Last night I dropped my wife & kid off at her sister's condo which is only 2 blocks away from Roger's Centre. I looked at the clock and it was 7PM. I'm from Barrie so I only get to a couple games a year so I decided to walk over and took in the game (yes by myself, I'm a bit of a diehard). You can pretty much get any seats you want as long as you got the money and you don't have to pay the high convenience fees of ticketmaster. There are scalpers everywhere if you have cash although might not look good in front of your mom buying from the corner dude.

Good point. You might be able to get seats below face value from someone looking to get whatever they can.