Otter box for iPhone

So I just had to replace my iPhone due to water damage....

It was in my tackle bag... And I have the otter box defender case on my phone... Which is supposed to be water resistant...

It rained for 10-20 minutes... That's it...

So for any of you out there using one of these cases... Be aware they have pretty well zero protection against moisture...

From now on my phone and wallet are going in a water tight container and put in boat storage....

Argh!!!!

Mike

Edited by Musky Mike

That really sucks! What version was it? I use the otter box for mine at work and some play that doesn't involve water. I bought a fanooki thats waterproof for on the water. It's a little bulky but for the price it works. I'm thinking of upgrading to a life proof case. The only thing with these cases are that the phone has to be removed for charging. I picked up a fanooki for 25 bucks on kijiji, shipping included. If your gonna use navionics on the water you should get one. Now if they would only make one that floats. Cheers.

Dang I've been lucky I never thought about keeping my phone like that. Saturday we were taking 3' over the bow and canopy I had my phone just sitting in the cup holder whipped it off and good to go. I think I will start using double zip lock bags

Call Otter Box. I kow kids at school call them and tell them their box is broken and they get a new one sent out no questions asked. They have good customer service. It might be worth a call and see what they can do about the phone

big diff between water proof, and water resistant.whistling.gif

Considering it was in a tackle bag in the rain and not DUNKED under water... I thought water resistant should be able to handle that...

As far as screen protection and shock protection... The otter box was great...

I'm just letting you guys know it doesn't help against water at all...