New PB muskie

nancur373

Got up at five this morning. Walked to the dock. Wind was up and I thought about going back In the trailer for more sleep. Decided to go out anyway. Started out fishing top water. Nothing for a while. Put on a bionic buck tail and first cast FISH ON!!! good fight. I knew this one was bigger. Few leaps out of the water. Peeling drag. What a rush. Got it to the boat and realized my rubber net was way too small. I forgot to mention my buddy slept in so I was alone. Had to grab the gill plate. It was heavier than I'm used to. Sorry muskie guys but only way to get a pic was to hold it straight up and down real quick.

2012-06-29061055.jpg

Got the hooks out quick and revived it and it swam off unharmed.

2012-06-29061414.jpg

I noticed a quarter sized fresh wound on it's right side and the right front fin was freshly bitten or torn half off.

Caught at 6 am 44" back to the trailer for 7: 30 for breakfast.

And maybe the proper release gear if you are targeting Musky. You obviously know that vertical hold can be harmful to the fish, yet you did it anyway so you could get a pic holding it. Real classy....

There we go. That didn't take long. As I said in an earlier post I am new to this. I don't have an unlimited budget to spend on this. It wii take time. I like how you almighty muskie protectors act like you had thousands of dollars of gear your first time out. Go be a loser somewhere else.

There we go. That didn't take long. As I said in an earlier post I am new to this. I don't have an unlimited budget to spend on this. It wii take time. I like how you almighty muskie protectors act like you had thousands of dollars of gear your first time out. Go be a loser somewhere else.

It's a shame that so many musky posts go down the drain on this board but it's also the reason so many serious musky fishermen no longer post fishing reports here.....me for one.

nancur373, just ignore the remarks of guys that want to ruin these posts and continue to learn from other guys who don't think their perfect.

And when guys do complain about vertical holds, just ask them how they lift THEIR muskies outta the net if it's not a vertical hold until they can get 2 hands on it.

Some of you guys are just plain friggen pathetic.

Again nancur373, congrats on a nice looking fish and your new PB.

And maybe the proper release gear if you are targeting Musky. You obviously know that vertical hold can be harmful to the fish, yet you did it anyway so you could get a pic holding it. Real classy....

And your :holier than thou" attitude is why many of us don't bother posting fishing reports any more.......... :blahblah1:

My question is:

Why is it OK for so many people to hold big pike vertically by the gills, and no one gets flamed for that... but it's always the muskies?

I personally hold any big fish horizontally no matter the species.

BTW, sweet muskie nancur :D

My question is:

Why is it OK for so many people to hold big pike vertically by the gills, and no one gets flamed for that... but it's always the muskies?

Because muskies are special :lol:

I would have plucked it's eye balls out for Perch bait, so I think the OP was trying his hardest not to hurt the fish... chill out dude!

I know that I would love to see guys like Lew post their pics, but guys like this make that only a memory around here...

HH

U dont need thousands to have the proper gear to target Muskies. You obviously know a little bit about what you should be doing, yet you decide to target skis anyway. To an angler that is completely ignorant of what they should be doing, theres nothing to say, because ignorance is bliss.

Fishing for musky without the proper gear results in some dead fish... Period. Sorry for trying to protect a fragile resource.

Quit Busting the guys gear Bladeburner...I see you have all of 45 posts on here. Not a great way to make friends in a great community...As the old saying goes "if you don't have anything nice to say...Shut the hell up!!!"

Sweet fish Nancur, Congrats on your new PB!! Don't let this guy make you feel bad about your catch, fish released unharmed, check! Say no more :wallbash:

Quit Busting the guys gear Bladeburner...I see you have all of 45 posts on here. Not a great way to make friends in a great community...As the old saying goes "if you don't have anything nice to say...Shut the hell up!!!"

x2

Nice fish. Anybody who manages to take a gator like that solo can pick it up any freakin' way he pleases.

I would have plucked it's eye balls out for Perch bait, so I think the OP was trying his hardest not to hurt the fish... chill out dude!

I know that I would love to see guys like Lew post their pics, but guys like this make that only a memory around here...

HH

you go girl!

I hope the OP goes trout fishing soon!

HH

Gee HH, your on a role today...

nice fish man!