Traveling with an iPad (NF)

ketchenany

I'm going to Europe (Italy) next week for a month and plan taking my iPad. has anyone done the same? I need info about WiFi availability . . .

I know that out and about is difficult and non existent. But what about the big cities such as Rome Florence . . . .?

Thanks

I'm going to Europe (Italy) next week for a month and plan taking my iPad. has anyone done the same? I need info about WiFi availability . . .

I know that out and about is difficult and non existent. But what about the big cities such as Rome Florence . . . .?

Thanks

I would assume big airports have it and probably hotels too...

Best thing when you travel...hook up with some local ppl for guidance

WiFi should be available in some areas of your travel. Another option is to take an unlocked phone and get a sim card with a data plan to have internet anywhere you have a good cell signal. It would need to be either an iphone or something like a Samsung with portable hotspot AP that utilizes a WiFi signal from your phone to connect to your ipad rather than a traditional bluetooth tether. You would need to set up a secure connection or anyone could connect to your phone and use your data. Relatively simple to set up. This would add some cost but also give you a cell phone to use for the month.

Have fun on your travels!

Large cities should have readily available wifi. Just be aware that some places may charge a fee. Here is a coverage map for 2G and 3G reception if you are using that:

http://www.sensorly.com/map/2G-3G/IT/Italy/Three/gsm_22299

Note that iPhones and iPads can get expensive when travelling and using the GSM network.

Safe travels!