An Observation

HTHM

I made a smart-alec comment on our status portion of the front page and found out much to my chagrin that I was not wrong. After checking a members profile I discovered that yes it IS his grade 8 grad tonight.

Let us all bear that in mind when we enter into a dispute on the board that we are teaching the younger generation how to act like a man. Do we want to teach, might is right and bluster will muster? Or should we teach that a well reasoned argument and a reflective response will get our point across in a better manner?

Let us remember that when we run into a "hot" topic on the board. We are setting the example.

Shouldn't he be outside playing street hockey until the street lights come on? :)

This happened with this same lad before, Bill - read his profile - his goal is to become a guide and I'm quite sure he's on this board to learn from his peers and be more involved with the sport.

Michael

I agree. however i will add to it. It should not matter the age of the other member grade 8 or 80 years old we should always be treating each other with respect and dignity.

Thanks

Ian

good.gif Perfectly put Sir.

He actually surprises me with some of his witty and informed remarks...sometimes i find it hard to believe he is as young as he is....

I watch a lot of John Stewart and Stephen Colbert, and sometimes you just set it up too well! That being said, thanks for the remarks.

AND

I just got my first centre pin outfit as a grad present!!!

Edited by Richmond Hill fisher

I watch a lot of John Stewart and Stephen Colbert, and sometimes you just set it up too well! That being said, thanks for the remarks.

AND

I just got my first centre pin outfit as a grad present!!!

I wish they were around when I was a kid. Mom let me watch Bizarre, that explains a bit about me.

Congrats and stick with fishing kiddo, there is nothing like it IMO.