2 Lakes in Kearney

Mcaslan

Hi Guys-

I have rented two different cottages for the family on 2 seperate lakes in Kearney, Ontario this summer and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what fish species are in Emsdale Lake and Fisher Lake. Tried various searches but came up with very little. My guess would be lake trout and smallmouth but if any of you could confirm that would be great.

Stuart

Welcome aboard, GSP. From what I can find, Emsdale is Lakers and Smallies.....stopped stocking lakers over ten years ago as it appeared they were reproducing naturally. Can't find anyhing on Fisher, but would highly recommend calling the local MNR office up there and ask to talk to the biologist....they are super helpful. May or may not know anything about the lake, but worth a call IMO.

Welcome aboard, GSP. From what I can find, Emsdale is Lakers and Smallies.....stopped stocking lakers over ten years ago as it appeared they were reproducing naturally. Can't find anyhing on Fisher, but would highly recommend calling the local MNR office up there and ask to talk to the biologist....they are super helpful. May or may not know anything about the lake, but worth a call IMO.

Thanks very much. I will try and give them a call.

Thanks very much. I will try and give them a call.

THERE is great PIKE fishing at beaver lake on the 518 . Some real monsters have come out of Beaver lake and Sand lake has great lake trout but they are down deep . You need to get down to at least 60 feet on SAND LAKE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Emsdale is absolutely packed with smallies

Managed to get a canoe in there 2 years ago. Got 60 fish within 2 hours.

One after another on everything from drop shot, cranks, poppers. Didn't really matter what we used . They just hit everything. Most fish under 3

Lbs

Hi Mattykar,

We rented cottage in the area for the upcoming summer and was wondering where did you launch your canoe? It looks like there is crown land at the end of peace valley drive?

http://www.cgis.com/cpal/Default.aspx?Map=Kearney

Thanks in advance,

Mike