July Walleye Fishing

fishinfool

Hello All

Heading up with the wife July 9/12 to do some Walleye fishing. It will be my first time on Red Cedar, I usually fish Marten River.

It looks like a pretty big lake!

Looking for any advice on what to watch out for in regards to shoals, shallows etc and any tips on where to start for the eyes would be much appreciated.

Not looking for exact co-ordinates, just a starting point or two.

Thanks in advance.

Stan

I was gonna respond since I fish this area a lot... Unfortunately for you, I've never tried Red Cedar and have no real tips for you.

I've actaully avoided it because I prefer the smaller/harder to access lakes with my canoe.

Best of luck either way!

I was gonna respond since I fish this area a lot... Unfortunately for you, I've never tried Red Cedar and have no real tips for you.

I've actaully avoided it because I prefer the smaller/harder to access lakes with my canoe.

Best of luck either way!

Thanks very much Rod Caster.

I envy you living up that way.

One day...

Stan

fishinfool, are you staying at the North camp or the South camp?

When I stayed at the north camp we fished at night right out front with minnows. Seemed to be the best. Also from the North camp if you keep to the right you will come to a small dam. In front of that worked. Also down below.

Just make noise when walking and keep your eyes and ears open.

Regards

fishinfool, are you staying at the North camp or the South camp?

When I stayed at the north camp we fished at night right out front with minnows. Seemed to be the best. Also from the North camp if you keep to the right you will come to a small dam. In front of that worked. Also down below.

Just make noise when walking and keep your eyes and ears open.

Regards

Hey davew

I'm not sure what camp I'll be at.

I will be sure and check out the damn though.

What did you mean "just make noise when walking and keep your eyes and ears open"?

Are there lots of bears in the area or what??? lol

4 summers and 3 summers went here we stayed at 2 different lodges and didnt have much walleye success. We trolled for hrs a day and 4 of us caught under 10 in a week. A buddy of mine who has been going for about 7 yrs also stopped going although we did mark plenty of fish we certainly didnt catch many. I no the fall is real good but we went both times in july.

Hope you do better than we did, this time were trying a place in sudbury for something different

Thanks to all of you for your comments.

I will definitely be trying the night bite with live minnows.

I thought I might try a couple of the deep holes for Lake Trout too.

Has anyone ever done the Lake Trout thing?

At least if I can't get on the eyes, there are plenty of Pike, or so i've heard. lol

Thanks again guys.

TJ - I sent you a pm with my E-Mail address, if you have time please send me that map.

Stan