what brand and type camera ??

fishindevil

I bought my Canon T2i for about 650 on sale and I am super happy with it... Here are some pictures I have taken with it... I also bought a lens for it...

Camera

http://www.henrys.com/58786-CANON-REBEL-T2I-W-18-55-EF-S-IS.aspx

Extra Lens

http://www.henrys.com/23938-CANON-EF-S-55-250MM-4-5-6-IS-LENS.aspx

You can find these on amazon for cheaper. I bought the lens through amazon and the camera from henry's

6982663590_d77e5e4f34_b.jpg

keeping watch by vinceyon, on Flickr

6982662342_7aa4a60f7f_b.jpg

Poser by vinceyon, on Flickr

6982663936_ed8a3e1c1e_b.jpg

I see you in the tree by vinceyon, on Flickr

6982661234_a5ac4f9711_b.jpg

IMG_2496 by vinceyon, on Flickr

7196805324_de38f7e056_b.jpg

beetle by vinceyon, on Flickr

7196806986_8f93d229ca_b.jpg

Oriole by vinceyon, on Flickr

7196807394_1efeb577d7_b.jpg

GoldFinch2 by vinceyon, on Flickr

7196804806_e92891c436_b.jpg

Bird Landing by vinceyon, on Flickr

7132301755_f60c4f034b_b.jpg

badlands16 by vinceyon, on Flickr

Edited by jedimaster

Grab any nikon and you will be amazed! I own one about 10 years old now and it outshoots most current cameras!

You haven't picked up any current DSLR's have you, lol.

Isn't much that separates the Canon's and the Nikon's anymore.. It usually comes down to preference, not photo quality.

Nikon, is a benchmark no doubt, but you can often get more features and higher end unit dollar for dollar, canon to nikon. I tried out a few nikons, and they are a bit more substanial feeling but I have have no issues with my canon. If you are going with point and shoot, I would take a look at the Fuji lineup. I had a very nice Fuji point and shoot.

This is probably my next camera for canoe tripping and fishing. Nikon Coolpix AW100

After reading a thread and seeing some video here, the GoPro Hero2 is also now on my must look at it list. Not a point and shoot but shoots pretty amazing video so may not be as versatile.

I guess much will depend on how much reach you think you'll need and whether something water and shock proof is a priority for you (it is for me). ymmv

I Bought a Nikon D5100 last year and love it. Paid 850 taxes in. This camera can be found for $600 with the 18-55 lens if you look around now as they released a new model. IMO its not worth paying the extra for that model. When i first started looking i had a similar budget but splurged and got a DSLR.

If you want to make video go pro can get some great shots, the new nikons that shoot stills and video are absolutely astonishing, my dad just got one and tested it out, could shoot movies on it!

All of the mid/top tier DSLR's these days shoot video. My 60D does 1080p 30fps and also 720p 60fps, still gotta make my first fishing vid.

Edited by BillM

Nowadays, it’s not so much what brand you should get, it’s what you’re really looking for in a camera?

- Need something that fits in a pocket?

- Want something waterproof without having to purchase an additional housing?

- Need a camera that can take fast action pics in low light conditions? Or low light conditions for that matter?

- Need a camera that allows you full manual mode? Or are you going to rely fully on auto-mode?

- Are most pictures you plan on taking close up and personal or do you want to take zoomed in shots of eagles, bears, deers, etc 500m away across the lake?

- Are you a pixel peeper hoping for the absolute best image quality with potential for selling pics to magazines?

- Do you plan to take HD vids? Do you have the computer hardware and software to edit the video files for X model of camera?

- Want a camera which you can accessorize with an external flash or remote shutter?

- Do you plan to shoot JPEG only or are you looking for something that shoots RAW.

If most of your answers to the above questions is, "I don't care, I just want to take pictures"...You can probably save some cash and pick up a decent point and shoot for $150-$200 and go at it on full auto-mode with pretty good results (Canon & Panasonic being my first choices when it comes to brand for point & shoots).

My favourite camera happens to be a DSLR camera (Canon) but DSLRs aren't the best choice for everyone. Let us know roughly what you'd like in a camera (or features you'd like). There's a good number of pretty good options available on the market.

Wow lots of different ideas !! Thanks guys . Well Mostly just a real nice point and shoot auto mode camera I guess I already have a gopro hero 2 so I was just needing a decent camera as when I'm fishing last few years I take most of my pics with my iPhone 4 and the quality isnt there so at least a decent point and shoot ?? I have looked and there is so many different kinds?? So I knew you guys would know your cameras !!!

When I have been to beat buy and places like that they seem to have so many in that price range ?? But I know you only get what you pay for and in most cases after a year or so probably regret not going all out for top quality camera but I do want to take it with me alot and for it to be fairly compact and just decent quality for the money ?? And thanks wooden boater the Nikon cool pix looks like a good one?? I'm not partial to any brand as long as its pretty easy to download pics as I have not posted alot of pics as its a pain to get them from my iPhone to photobucket to the board ???? So this is why I kinda want a good point and shoot I will be taking it snowmobiling as well !!! So anymore ideas would be awesome thanks guys !! Tight-lines

When I have been to beat buy and places like that they seem to have so many in that price range ?? But I know you only get what you pay for and in most cases after a year or so probably regret not going all out for top quality camera but I do want to take it with me alot and for it to be fairly compact and just decent quality for the money ?? And thanks wooden boater the Nikon cool pix looks like a good one?? I'm not partial to any brand as long as its pretty easy to download pics as I have not posted alot of pics as its a pain to get them from my iPhone to photobucket to the board ???? So this is why I kinda want a good point and shoot I will be taking it snowmobiling as well !!! So anymore ideas would be awesome thanks guys !! Tight-lines

One camera I actually can’t wait to get my hands on to try out is this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/859981-REG/Olympus_V104090SU000_Tough_TG_1_iHS_Digital.html

For a point & shoot, the specs look ideal. “DSLR quality” in the description is probably an exaggeration. It does however have a CMOS sensor which is a little bigger than the CCD sensors you’d find in most point & shoots on the market. Waterproof, shock proof and freeze-proof. It’s got a fast lens at F/2 (at the wide end of the zoom range) which you’d expect to perform well in low light conditions.

I’m thinking this may be my next camera for shooting underwater pics below the ice – My DSLR + housing can’t fit through an 8 inch hole :lol:. I definitely will be looking for reviews on that camera before I spend the cash.

X2 I got one for Christmas-rugged and the gps feature is cool.

Cool but make sure its turned off when posting pictures online especially if your selling something on the classified sites thieves these days are high tech

I have the olympus Tough, I wouldn't recommend that other than it is waterproof. Also some of the rugged and waterproof ones actually need to have a seal kit replaced every couple of years, just something to keep in mind before taking the plunge so to speak.

Have you considered the Canon Powershot SX280? It's compact, takes great photos and video, and has a 20X optical zoom. I have the previous version of this camera and love it! The 20X optical zoom is an awesome feature to have in such a compact camera (mine has a 14X zoom). It's pretty durable as well. Mine fell out of my pocket and sat on my lawn overnight in a huge rain storm. It was in a neoprene case, but was visibly wet when I found it. It still works perfectly fine! It regularly sells for $379, but is currently on sale for $349.

Cool but make sure its turned off when posting pictures online especially if your selling something on the classified sites thieves these days are high tech

First thing I did when I bought it... Turned off the GPS :)