Grand River (Dunnville) Info

Hi there. I am taking my oldest son up to the trailer this weekend near Dunnville. With 35 k winds, we won't be hitting Erie. Plan is to launch in Port Maitland. I would love to get into some fish for him as we have struck out on perch on the main lake so far... Even sunfish would be great ( but dad wants a walleye). Any advice/ suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If Lake Erie is up the launch at Port Maitland can be difficult, you can launch at Fishmaster's just outside Dunnville it used to be $5 with parking - they will be able to put you on fish in the river or the lake if it turns out decent.

Dan

Theres an even better launch at the bridge in Dunnville. Fishmasters is good but can be hard if you got a small vehicle or low traction lol.

Also they are getting lots of fish up at the dam.

Edited by Live2fish85

if you aren't fishing the lake launch in dunville at the arena/marina for 10$, try the dam, if not too busy, then troll the river out towards the lake. its a nice boat ride and a very deep part of the grand no real hazards..

if you want to hit the lake its only about 8-10kms from the dam...

There are some good areas to troll below the dam. As said, Fishmaster's ramp is steep but his price is good and he has good worms at a fair price. I like the ramp at the Grand Island BBQ and you can grab a lunch there when you're done. Keep an eye on your depth/fishfinder as the depth can change quickly. One spot close to the bank goes from over 20' to under 2 feet in seconds! Never know what will hit your lure, a 2 foot long sheaphead or 20 pound cat can add some fun and liven up your day.

Have a good day and catch some fish!