Osprey Marsh, Mississauga?

Sketty55

I drove by this marsh on 9th line and derry area in Mississaga the other day. I live in the area but have never really noticed it before. It appears to be man made, perhaps for storm water management. While driving past I did not see any no fishing signs. Anyone ever threw a line in before??

it is for storm water management -- the area was a marsh and prone to flooding years back. i suspect they built it to control the runoff so the folks in those (relatively) new subdivisions don't get water in their basements. i don't think it holds anything but ya never know.

Edited by Raf

Try it out, they can house all kinds of fish, if it's connected or even near a healthy and natural waterbody it will most likely have panfish, or carp. If there are no other water sources you can count on people dumping pet fish, usually koi but theoretically there could be anything, give it a shot! thumbsup_anim.gif

I've fished it before. Its fun for the little panfish you get out of there. For my money though try lake aquataine. I'm not sure how they got in there but the black crappie population has just exploded, nothing big mind you but still fun to pull out, my buddy and I got about a dozen each last weekend. Worms durring the day or a tiny surface lure right before sunset, that was the best part. Plus I still see the occasional large mouth come out of there.

Ive been by Osprey marsh a few times but never fished it. Apparently there are panfish in there. The marsh has a lot of history to it if you read up on it.

I use to fish lake Aquataine all the time as a kid growing up. We used to catch tons of fish out of there. LM bass, sunfish and catfish. Ive never heard of any Crappie being in there. That lake has really gone down hill over the years. It has gotten really polluted. It has been stocked with Rainbows in years past but in my opinion there is know way that body of water can sustain a trout population.

The trout stocking was a just plain waste of money. It was too shallow and warm for salmoids and when people got word everyone and their brother were keeping their limit. I don't care who you are 8000 stocked frylings don't last very long when everyone is keeping their limit in a city situation.