The new boat !!

Lunker777

Hey everyone ... FINALLY got to pick up the new boat last Friday night, (after about 2 1/2 months )

I spent all day Saturday installing the F/F and adjusting a few things. I took her out Sunday morning bright and early for the maiden voyage.

I was able to reach 32mph with myself and my FIL & gear in the boat. It handles very well and is nice and stable in the rough water we had Sunday.

Im awaiting a 80# Terrova w/ I pilot. & another HDS7.

now on to the pics...

Out with the old !!!!! 14.5ft Springbok, 18HP merc. The whole package was about 30+ years old... dings, dents, cracks, you name it. But it last 3 seasons... and it was my gateway to fishing and getting on the water. There was no more shore fishing for me once this little beast came around. It will be missed............. NOT !!!!!! ;)

IMG_0358.jpg

And in with the NEW !!! 2012 Polar Kraft 1778WT w/ 40HP E-tec. Two HDS7's, 80# Terrova ( on back order )

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

Leaving the launch after the maiden voyage :)

IMG_0984.jpg

There is still some setup I need to do, Install the second HDS7, and mount the trolling motor/ batteries, I would like to possibly come up with a second floor to drop in over the factory floor so I can mount some seat bases for a casting seat. The factory floor isn'y really think enough for mounting pedestal seats.

Thanks for looking.... any questions.. ask !!

Edited by Lunker777

is the etec connected to the hds? that way it can show all the information of your motor

Thanks !!!

I went in and asked the dealer yesterday and he told me either 90HP or 115HP and up ONLY :(

I wish I could though

Edited by Lunker777

Nice rig and selection of add-ons!

Thank you !!! Probably over kill... but go big or go home! haha

Where are the seats...

I have two seat mounts... and ONE seat at the moment. I didnt have it in when I took the pics ! haha

I have two seat mounts... and ONE seat at the moment. I didnt have it in when I took the pics ! haha

Sweet rig and truck. Interesting design on the transom, with the motor set forward like that. I will have to add this hull to my list of hulls to research.

Sweet rig and truck. Interesting design on the transom, with the motor set forward like that. I will have to add this hull to my list of hulls to research.

The "pontoons" are filled with foam and the idea of it is to get the boat planed out faster. They ARE NOT water tight though... :/

What pitch do you have on your prop. I have a 15 pitch on my Tracker Super Guide and average 28 mph with my 40 e-tech.

I believe its a 13 pitch ?

I want to see what it'll do with just myself and flat water.

Hey Ty, nice boat, have fun with the back order on the 80 terrova LOL talking to the rep last week about getting one for my new ride and he said they cant keep them in, their flying out the doors faster than they are coming in right now LOL

Awesome rig man! I looked at polar kraft 20' Outlander.. they look like a very well built boat.

To be totally honest the only reason I didn't get one is the size.. I felt it was to big to handle

by myself in a wind when duck hunting.

Your gonna love it..