Motor repair update....

Well for anyone that cares... Or remembers my previous threads about issues I was having with my motor...

While I was fixing problems with the work I was doing... Little did I know there was another problem developing...

My head gasket went...

This is part of the reason I was having such a hard time diagnosing all the issues... Because there was multiple problems...

So in the end I took my motor to a mechanic and he found my compression was out of whack... And water in my oil.... So it should be the head gasket... Wich is a pricy fix...

Good news is the mechanic is a friend of my brother and is putting a rush on it for me... I dropped it off Sunday and they were working on it Monday morning....

I'm hoping it's ready for the this weekend... Long weekend and I have to prefish for a tourney next weekend...

It's a father/son operation... And I'm pretty sure the old man used to teach the small engine course at the college... And the son is a race car driver... So combined they know their stuff...

Sounds like your in good hands Mike:good:

I could have swore you had a Merc when i saw you go by on the river , musta been Paul you had with you making the motor noise with his mouth , i know he gets into every thing he dose

Edited by Skipper " D "

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

head gasket is changed and timing was adjusted and still not running right and water is still getting in my oil...

now im getting really worried my motor is toast...or should i say not worth the $$$ it may cost to fix

the mechanic told me to call them back tomorrow at lunch for an update...

looks like its gunna be carp fishing for me this weekend...