Fish-A-Thon for a Cure!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well no camping for us again as we have our kids derby here in Belle River the next morning and we have to be in Belle River for 6am for it. But we will be at the Fish-A-Thon bright and early Saturday I am looking forward to it.

Looking forward to seeing you and the family again Mike.

Great news Frankie! My campsite is booked and looking forward to a great weekend.

Just a thought. We have 8,074 members on the board, wouldn't it be nice if everyone threw in a buck or 2 for the cause. Now I know that will never happen - go ahead a prove me wrong!! I dare you!! But I encourage everyone here to find someone that is a member in your area that is involved in this event and drop off a loonie. (or more if you can, tax receipts are issued for donations of $20 or more.) It will give you a chance to meet someone new perhaps and help out this great cause. Better yet, sign up and come on out for the day.;)

Bump

I’ll be up in Beteau so I won’t be able to make it to the event; timing is not on my side.

But it’s too good of a cause not to do something; so here’s my offering for the prize table.

What boater wouldn’t have a higher comfort level knowing they have one of these tucked away in case of a dead battery?

You can’t win it without showing up people; Ryan & Dan need our support, plus it sounds like a good time, with a free BBQ at the end of the day!

Dan.

BoosterPack 002.jpg

This event looks fantastic, and I love lakes where my kayak doesn't get swamped by gas motors. If I'm not going to my buddies cottage on Quinte that weekend I'll be coming with a guest (TBD if its the girlfriend or a buddy.) Just a question, I'll be trying to raise as much money as possible but I didn't see anywhere on the website, is there a minimum amount to be raised for the event to enter?

This event looks fantastic, and I love lakes where my kayak doesn't get swamped by gas motors. If I'm not going to my buddies cottage on Quinte that weekend I'll be coming with a guest (TBD if its the girlfriend or a buddy.) Just a question, I'll be trying to raise as much money as possible but I didn't see anywhere on the website, is there a minimum amount to be raised for the event to enter?

There is no minimum to be raised, we trust that everyone will try their best and raise what they can. it is THE lake for kayaks!

When you know if you are coming or not go to http://www.fish-a-thon.com/registration.htm to sign up

:Gonefishing:

Can't wait to get back on that water!!

Such an amazing spot for the hobie. And with this gaining so much popularity year after year I can only imagine what we can accomplish!

Third time's a charm! Gonna be a blast!

Ps

Ryan I'll be bringin a fellow fishaholic again this year!

Cancer has just put another notch in its belt.

I lost my niece to stomach cancer yesterday. She was diagnosed a little less then 3 months ago and everything went down hill from there for her.

Below was taken from the Simcoe Reformer obits.

SKINNER, Stephanie (nee Berdan) - Of Port Dover, passed away at Juravinski Hospital, Hamilton on her 41st birthday, June 20, 2012, surrounded by her loving family. Much loved wife of Ronald. Devoted and proud mother of Sean and Shannon.

Stephanie was a Child Welfare Supervisor for the Children's Aid Society. She had a wide circle of friends and co-workers that will miss her, but will hold special memories of her loving spirit. She was an inspiration to her family for her strength and courage. Friends are invited to meet with the family to share their memories of Stephanie on Friday, June 22, 2012 from 2 pm to 4 pm and 7 pm to 9 pm at THOMPSON WATERS FUNERAL HOME , 102 First Ave., Port Dover (519) 583-1530. A Service to Celebrate Stephanie's life will be held in the funeral home Chapel on Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 2 pm, followed by interment at Port Dover Cemetery. For those wishing, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society would be greatly appreciated. Online donations and/or condolences can be made at www.thompsonwatersfuneralhome.ca11472635

Her kids are 8 and 10 years old and this frigging disease took their mom from them on her birthday.

Maybe not the right place to post this or if it belongs anywhere on a fishing board; but it’s just another reminder of how important it is for all of us to pitch in however wherever we can and help beat this disease.

Thank you for the FISH-A-THON Ryan & Dan.

Dan.

Edited by DanD

Sorry to hear Dan, but, don't apologise for posting. Let's all hope that events such as this eventually do put an end to this disease that takes so many of our friends and family.

Just over a month everyone, time to start working on those pledges.

Just over a month everyone, time to start working on those pledges.

X2

You never know it might be your looney that broke cancer's back. Lets make this year's event the best one yet.

Proud to put my name on this thread!

Dan Durnez AKA Dand

I'm a cancer victim without having cancer myself; are you?

Dan I agree with you i am to. Last summer it took my uncle Don short notice he lasted months after finding out. Dad lost his battle last november on the 20th. A amazing friend and kinda mentor to myself had a short battle that he lost two weeks after dad. Then June 4th my wife just lost her dad after a 7 day fight for his life with brain cancer he did not know about until may 26th.

So cancer can flip off anytime.

Dad always donated his time and efforts to the fight and I have been and will continue to do the same

less than a month away we have 60+ regestered particapants this year if you want to come out and help us raise money for Cancer research go to http://www.fish-a-thon.com/ and sign up this is a great day on the water and lots of fun for the kids with a free BBQ afterwards and lots of prizes for the particapants .

Just a bump :thumbsup_anim:

Well I finally finished the rod donation yesterday, snapped a picture of it in the drying lathe (never mind the messy work bench).

It's a Frontier 6' one piece Blank donated by jccustomtackle.

Rated for line 1 to 4

Lure weights 1/32 to 1/8

Custom cork handle

Fuji graphite reel seat

Fuji concept Alconite guides

The rod all finished weighs a whopping 74 grams (2.6 oz).

fishathon1.jpg

fish_a_thon.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us