Trout fun

MJL

Thanks guys. Glad you liked the pics :)

I sense a career for you in photography! Unbelievable pictures Mike! :thumbsup_anim:

Cliff I did have a career in photography...I took pictures of models...You know...Whirlpool & Maytag washers and dryers :lol:

Now you know how I feel.

While going through your pics, I was looking out for the big buck brown that violated me last year.

Soooo glad you didn't get him :D

Did you try for him in that wood?!

Fantastic photos. The fact that you're out there by yourself taking these shots is awesome.

One of these days we'll get some half and half shots with the angler in the background :)

I did catch the fish that violated you...He was 26 inches long but terribly unphotogenic. I opted not to take pics of him :D

Incredible shots! Given the rain we had last Thursday, I'm surprised you were able to find water that clear. I'm shopping around for an underwater camera and was wondering what you are using.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Jon, for the underwater shots, I used my Canon 40D with an 11-16mm lens. I have the setup inside an underwater housing. It's definitely not easy to use (especially shooting with 1 hand while fighting a fish with the other but at 1/3 the cost of the next cheapest professional housing, I can't complain. Pain in the ass when you have to bushwhack though. The above water shot of the brown was taken with a Canon T3i.

Some of the shots of the brookies were taken during a thunderstorm on Wednesday evening. 5 minutes later, the river was a silty grey and mostly un-fishable.

IMG_3169a.jpg

So i'm scrolling through thinking...wow...these are cool. and i get to one that is just even more wow....i had to scroll back and count the pics one by one just so i could let you know i think picture #19 is the best!

Thanks for sharing Mike.

Very impressive!!! You sure put in the hours and got amazing shots. I know it is not easy to take the underwater shots. I like your DSLR set-up, but a little worrying putting an expensive camera like that underwater. It is a pain to carry, yet the clarity is well worth it. Very nice job and I look forward to more.

Alan

Thanks again guys :)

Mike you should come follow me around for a week this fall!

Killer stuff bud! Love it and miss it.

I hope bull trout are easier to catch than lake trout :whistling:

Absolutely outstanding photography Mike, I can't even begin to imagine the stealth needed to sneak up on them feeding Browns. clapping.gif

Those shots of the fish feeding mostly involved me sitting in the stream with my finger on the shutter button for 45 minutes (after 45 minutes they came back out to feed). I guess they used me as a current break afterwards. Water was pretty damn cold though - I forgot the camera remote at home.LOL

Good goin', Mike. I've had far more luck so far with subsurface flies this season, but when the water rises I definitely turn to the spinners. I've done well with the speckles, but I haven't quite dialed in the brownies yet...WOW :thumbsup_anim: