Slip bobbering crappie today

Hi all,

Had 2 hours to fish today while Jack was napping, well i had 3 but returned an hour early so we could have fish for supper....GOT SOME CRAPPIE.....THEY'RE BAAAAAACK!

Only three, but one around 13" and one at 14".....and a little guy. The crappy were 12' to 1' FOW.

Love watching a slip bobber dissappear...cool tool for fishing all species and much overlooked in my opinion.

Got Bass, Pike, perch and 2 OOS walleye also....good action for a short session.

Crappie for supper wasn't too shabby either. :thumbsup_anim:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n48oSPV2Y9k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

Man does that look good. And crappie action shots too!!

Limey, try a small clear float, drennen or one of the like. They can sometimes be float shy up that shallow and in gin water.

If you slip it, just use a piece of rubber spinnerbait skirt and tie a knot so it slips through the bottom eye of the float.

You may be suprised. ;)

Good luck!

Edited by Harrison

Ya go ahead and rub it in. You were :Gonefishing: and I was working :wallbash:!!! Nice sized crappie.

W'ell be on to 'em soon enuff amigo....my shift pattern is friggin weekends now though :(:wallbash::unsure:

That pike must have been a pretty good battle.....I'm assuming you were using fairly light tackle.

Nice job man!

Thanks JB...yeah.....fairly light (10lb braid and 12lb flouro leader) jig was tiny though...as was the minnow!

Man does that look good. And crappie action shots too!!

Limey, try a small clear float, drennen or one of the like. They can sometimes be float shy up that shallow and in gin water.

If you slip it, just use a piece of rubber spinnerbait skirt and tie a knot so it slips through the bottom eye of the float.

You may be suprised. ;)

Good luck!

I wouldn't....lol....Drennan Pikers (6gm) is what i usually use, stepped on my last one last fall shore fishing.....have been a fan of those for over 10 years now....got into them in England for sea fishing mackerel....awesome all round float. Even better than spinner bait skirt are the bobber stops i use....Drennan

also have their own version too

Very nice Simon. Like,n that veggie combo. Delic.

Thanks Brian...the salad was awesome...amazing what you can find in my fridge....lol. Added the strawberries cuz they were on their way out...really worked well with the salty capers and olives....YUM!