Algonquin Trout Opener ~ Pic's And Video

It's funny how some threads will capture peoples imagination and compel them to respond. It's either an interesting angling tale, or more usually something more mundane like "what's your favourite brand of cereal?" LOL!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the story!

Awesome Mike! You had be busting a gut on the phone :)

Also, good job Fidel!

Missed you on this one buddy.

Hopefully it goes without saying, if you want to share another 5k portage, just let me know when and where! (I'll carry the canoe) ;)

Possibly Craig, but if you carry the canoe, you'd also have to carry the light pack (about 60lb's).

This winter we had lake trout Ceviche on the ice in Temagami, that Brookie would have been real nice to try that recipe on. :thumbsup_anim:

I've made it before. Sliced paper thin and marinated in lime juice and various spices it's pretty amazing. :)

How do you think the brookie fishing will be in the park in a couple weeks?

Most likely even better. The water will be warmer, there'll be more hatches and they'll be more active.

Just make sure you bring lots of bug dope. ;)

Stunning report to say the least :worthy: .............might even outdo a Moosebunk report !!!

Im not picking any of them, of out doing each other. Many great guys that can put a report with great detail. Wish I had their skill.

:worthy::clapping:

Fidel slayin with the plastics n slip floats...oh the horror!

One thing about Fidel that stands out when we both worked in fishing tackle circles was his infectious passion for the sport...nothing has changed I see.

Thanks for sharing this one solo...it was most enjoyable to read.

Great story! That's crazy how the canoe cart put those holes in the canoe.

I've been so busy with work and my new boat that I didn't even get a chance to fish opening weekend. My buddy and I are heading into the park tomorrow morning.

I'm still interested in hooking up Mike, and talking fishing. Lots of time for that though.

Fidel slayin with the plastics n slip floats...oh the horror!

One thing about Fidel that stands out when we both worked in fishing tackle circles was his infectious passion for the sport...nothing has changed I see.

Thanks for sharing this one solo...it was most enjoyable to read.

Aahhh... you remembered!! :blush:

Some people use deet.. Me? I just blaze em out!! B):tease:

Well I was gonna say...you could roll about a million teeny tiny microscopicically small dubes and pass them out to all the bugs. Get 'em so screwed up they don't want to bite.

Only problem is what happens when they get the munchies?!! :w00t:

Great story! That's crazy how the canoe cart put those holes in the canoe.

I've been so busy with work and my new boat that I didn't even get a chance to fish opening weekend. My buddy and I are heading into the park tomorrow morning.

I'm still interested in hooking up Mike, and talking fishing. Lots of time for that though.

Good luck in the park Trev. Would love to get together at some point.

Well I was gonna say...you could roll about a million teeny tiny microscopicically small dubes and pass them out to all the bugs. Get 'em so screwed up they don't want to bite.

Only problem is what happens when they get the munchies?!!

LMAO.

As for the munchies,wake fidel up to catch a shore fish and YOU, cook it up. Atleast he knows where the fish are.LOL

Another adventure where duct tape saved the day... Mike, there's a pattern starting to be established! LOL!

I had to think about that for a second. You know I totally forgot about patching the boat with foam and duct tape the last time we chased brookies LOL!

Third times a charm! (I'll bring a Costco sized roll of tape this August. :D )

What a story! :thumbsup_anim:

That's awesome Mike & Fidel...Hard work, persistance and a bit of luck always pays off :good:

The colour of that meat is just insane! :w00t:

Next year I definitely gotta get up there for some action...Definitely with a roll of duct tape in my pack.LOL