Tester

waterwolf

Next time don't let the bird get so close you done shot away the eatten parts..... Nice bird thanks for sharing.

Art

you might think so judging from that pic. sharp eye aplumma, but not one pellet in the breast. broke the wing bone and took out neck area.boned it because it's just me eating it so i had to portion it out. i found a very small pellet in the leg, way to small for the no. 4 shot i was using.more like 7n half.someone else hit this bird sometime recently.kept the bb. low neck shot ,yes. i didn,t get a chance to practise with the shot i used because my first hunt came up unexpectantly but i couldn't pass cause i wasn't ready. i was terrified i'd miss my first turkey if i aimed a bit off to protect the breast.i lucked out large! nothing wasted.federal premium mag shok 38 yards,paced. flipped upside down, dead. i shook for 15 minutes after. i've taken a few deer now ,bow and gun , but this bird got to me! first time gitters!! bought my second tag and off work for a couple days , fingers crossed for the gobblers i heard after i dropped this tom.

you might think so judging from that pic. sharp eye aplumma, but not one pellet in the breast. broke the wing bone and took out neck area.boned it because it's just me eating it so i had to portion it out. i found a very small pellet in the leg, way to small for the no. 4 shot i was using.more like 7n half.someone else hit this bird sometime recently.kept the bb. low neck shot ,yes. i didn,t get a chance to practise with the shot i used because my first hunt came up unexpectantly but i couldn't pass cause i wasn't ready. i was terrified i'd miss my first turkey if i aimed a bit off to protect the breast.i lucked out large! nothing wasted.federal premium mag shok 38 yards,paced. flipped upside down, dead. i shook for 15 minutes after. i've taken a few deer now ,bow and gun , but this bird got to me! first time gitters!! bought my second tag and off work for a couple days , fingers crossed for the gobblers i heard after i dropped this tom.

LOL

When I finally shot my first bird,I made 5 calls on the cell before I even got to my harvest. :lol: excitment.

LOL

When I finally shot my first bird,I made 5 calls on the cell before I even got to my harvest. :lol: excitment.

i was a wreck, i had to sit down. then , i started callin distant relatives too! crazy. just great.

Turkey hunting is pretty exciting, but it can also be very frustrating.

The greatest thing about hunting is a bad hunt can change to a hunt of a lifetime in a matter of seconds! Its always a rush!

I finally got on the board yesterday afternoon. It was just a jake, but a gang of them ran off my tom, so I had to whack one. I told myself the first bird with a beard in range, was going down. I pretty near took his head clean off at about 10ft LOL The little bugger would have ran right thru me if I didn't shoot!

S.

My hunting story was I saw 3 deer come down a brush trail from an awkward direction from where I was sitting on the ground. Any movement would have spooked them for sure. I had my body sitting against a tree turned from 6 o clock to 11 oclock with the scope up to my eye waiting for them to clear the brush for the shot. As they worked there way down the brush keep them hidden till I finally had my shot I opened my other eye to check for a clear field to shoot and the buggers were 20 ft away from me. I was using a 270 so shooting them that close would have messed up a lot of meat so needless to say they walked or actually ran because I cussed at them for getting to close.

Art

Good shootin' Waterwolf.

Congrats !!!

I've been out a few times over the last ten years and haven't got one yet.

Although, last year was by far the closest encounter.

Had a jake walk right up to me and check me out. I could have hit him over the head with my shotgun.

I was waiting on the big tom he was with, but never had the chance to get a shot off.

Oh well. It sure was exiting even though I didn't bag a bird.

thanks guys.

first time out, better to be lucky than good some would say, i'll take it. fantastic tablefare. i'm glad i boned it 'cause this way i can sneak some into wraps for my daughter. she's a little anti wild stuff but i'm tryin. went out today , notta. tomorrow i'm in a new area, we'll see. talk about being over confident, i asked my deer huntin buddy to come and do the vid. one bird , now i'm making how-to's. i'm already laughing , you can to. thanks again for your responses.

bob