Kiwanis Walleye Tournament

I"ll be there as well fishin from my maroon and black stratos, staying in hay bay and will be fishing shermans point! SAy hi if your around and maybe stop by for a beer,

I am also staying in a private cottage on Hay Bay.

post a pick op your boat so I can recognize it.

MTP

I am also staying in a private cottage on Hay Bay.

post a pick op your boat so I can recognize it.

MTP

we are on 305 south shore road< not far from pickeral park, private cottage ,there will be a lund with us as well, white johnson motor i shouldn,t be hard to find, lots of beers!

005-25.jpg

Edited by waynechute

we are on 305 south shore road< not far from pickeral park, private cottage ,there will be a lund with us as well, white johnson motor i shouldn,t be hard to find, lots of beers!

Geeze, you don't even need to fire up the big motor ;) More beer money!

Geeze, you don't even need to fire up the big motor ;) More beer money!

beer will be no problem, duty free has 24 bud light king cans(canadian beer) for $20, well stocked, fishing drinking and hot tub , going to be a great weekend.

Hey Mike - we'll be out on Saturday AM around 0715 leaving Hay Bay and headed for the fishing grounds :Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

Using Channel 71 if you have a radio - give the Superdad a shout.

PS The colour of the canvas is now a royal blue - I can't change this darned pix. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Edited by superdad

Was out with my brother for about 6 hours this morning. Caught quite a few little perch but my brother caught the only walleye which was a little over 17.5". Had a tough time locating any active fish at first, also didn't realize how shallow the Bay is in general (I launched and fished around Belleville). The boat traffic wasn't half as bad as I was expecting.

Going back there Monday, gotta put some time in and learn the area, it can be a bit overwhelming at first. I was going to try a bit for pike but I couldn't find any healthy weed beds to work, at least nothing substantial.

We fished west of the big bridge by telegraph narrows a lot of traffic only managed 2 most people we talked to said it was hard going a lot of people went home empty handed

Same story here. Managed two (18 and 24 inches) in about 7 hours fishing, and everyone I talked to at the Belleville launched blanked. Both fish came out of new cabbage beds in 8 to 10 FOW jigging paddle tail grubs. Things will only get better in the next couple weeks. :thumbsup_anim:

Same story here. Managed two (18 and 24 inches) in about 7 hours fishing, and everyone I talked to at the Belleville launched blanked. Both fish came out of new cabbage beds in 8 to 10 FOW jigging paddle tail grubs. Things will only get better in the next couple weeks. :thumbsup_anim:

That makes me feel better about only getting 1 in the boat. I only saw 1 other boat catch a fish though I tried to stay away from the crowds.

Was hoping with that moon over the weekend the fishing would of been amazing, unfortunately not for us. I managed 3 the first night, biggest being 6.4lbs (24.5"). Second night only 2, biggest 22.5". But that one on the second night fought excellent, was impressed. Appears several other suffered a slow weekend as well.