The MNR is a joke

mikeseb

I saw a CO writting up a pair of guys fishing on the credit somwere this weekend. He ad is ticket book out and was pointing somethign out to tem in the regs. I am not sure what it was, as I was just driving past. All you can really do is cal it in. take a picture and mail it to the MnR. To my understanding the MnR focuses there efforts on areas where they are most likely to catch someone. If an area keeps getting calls then is may get checked next season.

Probably got caught running barbed hooks... It's all single barbless/no live bait in the upper reaches.

Probably got caught running barbed hooks... It's all single barbless/no live bait in the upper reaches.

Thats my guess, Its been barbless and no live bait for a while. Ever since I was a teenager. The area they were fishing is a known fishing spot and it was open, so my first guess was barbs or live bait.

Hmm this seems shady to me....... a ton of sucker fishing eh. I dont know one guy who fishes a pin, or spin for bows who TARGETS suckers...... are you telling me that if you nailed a bow, or a brown you wouldnt reel it in?

Now I can agree with you about the cutting a hole in the fish for roe, that is brutality at its best......But Its rather convenient that this has been posted right after the lad who posted his bass! Ill tell ya man, I agree with you when it comes to poaching etc...... but sometimes you have to mind your own business..... are you a cop? are you a part of the ministry? As for the ministry there is a reason why they dont go to certain places where poaching is considered an everyday thing..... its because some cultures dont understand our laws and to them fish is food....... now have you ever tried to take food from a hungry dog? Not a pretty sight.... and its for this reason many COs dont go to these places........ why endanger themselves...if this wasnt the case they would be down at bronte all the time! Moving forward I see the ministry everywhere I go, and im out 5 days a week at least....... I have seen them at credit, bronte, hamilton harbour (laselle, pier 8, valley inn) Brantfords wilkes dam just to name a few............. You need to relax a little! Next your going to be asking people for the license lol

:rofl2:

Don't agree with the bass thing, but the sucker thing is legit, he's given me lots of info on suckers and keeps updating the conditions for me. I'm not sure what on earth you're thinking telling people to let it go! The COs need to know about these things, poachers can't be tolerated! mad.gif

I'm sure those guys with expensive float setups are just dying to put food on the table, give me a break. I also didn't realize that coming from a certain culture was an excuse to ignore the fishing regulations.. Can you make up anymore excuses for these idiots?

I've phoned the TIPS line on more then one occasion and will continue to do so.

if you dont get what im saying then you havnt been to bronte - to see the people that dont speak english, running through the water with nets, or flossing fish - filleting them and leaving piles of dead fish on the trails........ this is a food thing! Im not making excuses im replying to the OP complaint of no MNR - there is a reason why they dont go to certain spots........cause they dont want to get clubd in the head by some foreigner trying to put food on the table! Its the same thing as cops busting people for speeding instead of busting all the crack dealing gun slingers! Its a safety thing...........I have NEVER once seen a CO at bronte, petrocan or the bridges! As for the guys who claim the only reason theyre in the run tribs is for suckers...... nice try! When you cant fish the tribs, go get carp off the piers, suckers are a waste of time, unless of coarse your scouting and hoping for the odd bow to take worm lol

if you dont get what im saying then you havnt been to bronte - to see the people that dont speak english, running through the water with nets, or flossing fish - filleting them and leaving piles of dead fish on the trails........ this is a food thing! Im not making excuses im replying to the OP complaint of no MNR - there is a reason why they dont go to certain spots........cause they dont want to get clubd in the head by some foreigner trying to put food on the table! Its the same thing as cops busting people for speeding instead of busting all the crack dealing gun slingers! Its a safety thing...........I have NEVER once seen a CO at bronte, petrocan or the bridges! As for the guys who claim the only reason theyre in the run tribs is for suckers...... nice try! When you cant fish the tribs, go get carp off the piers, suckers are a waste of time, unless of coarse your scouting and hoping for the odd bow to take worm lol

Again being a foreigner doesn't excuse you from our rules, it would be better if they were doing it for fun, keeping fish hurts the ecosystem more! as for the suckers, definitely not a waste of time, great fighters and are way more fun than carp!whistling.gif

as for the suckers, definitely not a waste of time, great fighters and are way more fun than carp!whistling.gif

are you kidding me....... wake up pal! suckers great fighters - I have to keep reminding myself, im on a weekend warrior forum of senco tossing bass anglers lol

Every CO I've ever seen has been armed.

I didn't know there was a bottom feeding coarse fish hierarchy! I know many people who enjoy eating suckers.

man I must be talking chinese lol - read my post wise guys - why do you think COs are armed lol - and who said anything about a coarse fish "hierarchy" - if your trying to get a fish on the pin, why wade through water for suckers when you go to the piers and get carp up to 30 pounds............ hello o o o o! - suckers speaks volumes to me....... this thread is dead along with half the comments in it, and the OP

moderators............where are you?

I can't say that I am up on the operations of the MNR, but I have a feeling that there is no money "to go anywhere" and they are under staffed. Have you visited a public school or hospital lately? IMO, everything is a mess and unfortunately the MNR is not a top priority.

Maybe they need to start a volunteer CO program or something.

don't know where you are from but funding for schools have been cut, custodians have been laid off, maintenance has been cut way back this has been going on for over 10 years.........

and now a pay freeze and attacking benefits...........you have no idea..but I guess it's an easy target so go for it

Some of the responses on the last page or so are hilarious

It seems we've all grown up and have chosen to battle over what species fights better, for gosh sakes.

Sucker fishing is fun at times, especially the 10lbers in the rapids. Only carp I've ever seen washed up on shore with it's belly ripped out (presumably by a bear?), well, that wasn't very fun.

I suppose I could catch some if I bought a 17ft rod and some of those tinker bells?

Still don't think it be as fun as sucker fishing with my 28" ice rod spooled up with 50lb braid.

Seriously, what the heck is going on here???? tease.gif