busted transducer

rob v

click on picture to see , you can't ruin it .... so drill a new hole , put the bolt back thru it , you might have to shim up both sides with barb type flat washers to keep it locked in place .

1st thing I thought when I saw the picture. That's what I would do.

Redrilling will raise it higher and it's ability to read will be compromised. You will need to redrill the mount lower. You can try to drill the shaft from the top then take a cabinet screw with a square shank head. Drill thru both sides of the top mounting ring and down thru the shaft. Drill the hole slightly smaller than the screw except in the top of the ring slightly larger than the micro head on the screw. Then screw thru the ring to the bottom so the bolt can be replaced. Use a water proof epoxy on the face of the crack before you screw together and let dry. If this fails the transponder you have can be purchased on line for around $65.00 good luck with the repair I hope it holds.

Art

We spend hundreds and even thousands on fishing equipment every dang year.There is no way that can be fixed properly enough to risk ruining a days fishing. It may hold for a week or a month, but it WILL fail someday when you are counting on it the most.

Buy a new one, and get fishinggood.gifclapping.gif Cut the cable at the transducer,tape the new cable really good to the old one, and use the old cable like a fiche to route the new cable to its destination.

Edited by mercman

I can't tell if your boat is glass or aluminum? If it's fiberglass you can apoxy the transducer to the bottom of the hull on the inside of the boat..in which case you wouldn't need to buy a new one

or fix that one.. Google it and I'm sure you will find instructions on how exactly it's done.

Edited by Mr.Mike

We spend hundreds and even thousands on fishing equipment every dang year.There is no way that can be fixed properly enough to risk ruining a days fishing. It may hold for a week or a month, but it WILL fail someday when you are counting on it the most.

Buy a new one, and get fishinggood.gifclapping.gif Cut the cable at the transducer,tape the new cable really good to the old one, and use the old cable like a fiche to route the new cable to its destination.

I broke one very simiarly 3 years ago and glued it together with a 2 part epoxy. It hasn't failed yet.