Equipment

rufftuffcuff

Hi everyone, I am looking for a Abu Garcia Revo Toro 60 5.4:1 gear ratio...I know they have discontinued making them but I'm wondering if someone can help me find a reliable source to buy one. Abu currently still makes the winch model(4.6:1) and high speed model(6.4:1) I'm looking for 5.4:1 model. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Check ebay, or start calling some tackle stores. Not sure where u live, but in hamilton, there's fishing world, bills bait and tackle, grimsby tackle and burns tackle in burlington.

All of which hold a good stock and u may find what u want.

Apparently there is a new aluminum frame reel coming out from abu. They actually stopped making the revo toro's in lefty's, only the revo winch is available in lefty. With that in mid I would like to hijack this thread and announce that I am looking for a high speed revo toro 61 if anyone would like part with one.

I have heard rumours of gear kits. The problem is that with the purchase of a new reel and a gear kit you probably would be looking at the same cost of a TE. While a TE is a better reel according to most people, it is also a similar ratio to the regular revo toro, not the high speed one.

I buy most of my gear from Stacy, really nice guy and I'll probably end up putting his kids through college.

I wonder why they discontinued that model. I have the winch and the highspeed and I find the winch is great for pulling large bucktails but it can be a little slow at times, it would be nice to have something in between.