Fishing Question for the pro's

Skipper D

All I know is,,,,,,,,,,,,I didnt fish today,so that means,when I fish tomorrow,I should of been there yesterday. :whistling:

Hahahaha, my wife went fishing yesterday, she snuck out and went to Johnnys. MMMmmmm battered Cod and chips. I didn't get cold or cranky, no stinky fingers and even managed a slurp of beer from the left over for the batter mix.

Odd man out here probably, but I am not much of a dawn/dusk fisherman. During this time fish are roaming and willing to chase to eat, this is why horizontal baits are used to cover water and find these active fish. This also makes them easier to catch hence the "better fishing"

I am more a vertical, structure based angler. I like when the fish move to structure and hunker down for the day. These areas change daily/hourly depending on the sun and light penetration.

After some time on the water figuring out the techniques and areas they move to you can catch fish all day long.

P.

Edited by Harrison

I love both dawn and sunset, but it may be because those are both such lovely times of day whether you're fishing or not. Wetting a line is just gravy. But they are also the times when the water is often still, and since I love topwater action it's the best time for watching a popper get engulfed.

HANDS DOWN....MORNINGS....here's proof....

This is totally unrelated to the topic, but I loved this one on the same page:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKQkLfz2_Q&feature=related

IMHO Generally:

Walleye: Low light conditions, waves, cloudy, morning and evenings.

Pike; Early evenings.

Perch; Mid morning a little chaop always helps.

Smallmouth: Morning and evenings but some times a great bite in the middle of the day.

Largemouth: Like small mouth but not as often a mid-day bite.

Odd man out here probably, but I am not much of a dawn/dusk fisherman. During this time fish are roaming and willing to chase to eat, this is why horizontal baits are used to cover water and find these active fish. This also makes them easier to catch hence the "better fishing"

I am more a vertical, structure based angler. I like when the fish move to structure and hunker down for the day. These areas change daily/hourly depending on the sun and light penetration.

After some time on the water figuring out the techniques and areas they move to you can catch fish all day long.

P.

Very true... It feels good being able to catch fish when it "should" be slowest...or not the popular time to fish...like catching bass at night...or walleye in 12 feet of crystal clear water on a blue bird day... I think it's the ability to catch under the less then ideal conditions that puts an angler at the next level of fishing...if you can do good during the "slow" times then peak periods are a breeze...

Hahahaha, my wife went fishing yesterday, she snuck out and went to Johnnys. MMMmmmm battered Cod and chips. I didn't get cold or cranky, no stinky fingers and even managed a slurp of beer from the left over for the batter mix.

LMAO Erich

I did well today C&R, and stopped by Johnnys for some smoked trout for the kiddies and a few scalls for tonights dinner for the mrs,s. I hit the riv on the new moon. :dunno:

LMAO Erich

I did well today C&R, and stopped by Johnnys for some smoked trout for the kiddies and a few scalls for tonights dinner for the mrs,s. I hit the riv on the new moon. :dunno:

The new moon was last night , how do you do ??????????i see no pic's

Edited by Skipper " D "

I should be able to answer this, because today i went fishing for 1.5 hrs and when i came home i thought my wife called me a pro, at least i think it was a pro, i do know it started with "pr".