ANOTHER SPIEL CREATION

misfish

With this being my first custom rod,I was excited from the day I ordered it til todays pick up. I was totally impressed with Chris,s work. Get the reel on and it was a perfect match and the balance was amazing. :thumbsup_anim:

On our drive back,I have decided,I am going to get that fixed seat section, once I know where I want it.Just not yet though,I need to work some over time.LOL

Im a very happy fisherman. I,ll be on the river in the AM to give it her first trial hook up.

Thanks Chris, for a great rod. :worthy:

PS,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for not putting that pink thread on. :w00t: talk about BRIGHT

002-6.jpg

010-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

Edited by Misfish

Thanks guys.

Glad you're pleased Brian and I'm hoping you're out putting it through its paces right now. thumbsup_anim.gif

Pretty cool Chris...........I'm still thinking about that CTS blank. Thought you might have done the pink though, it would have matched his eyes!........ :clapping:

Pretty cool Chris...........I'm still thinking about that CTS blank. Thought you might have done the pink though, it would have matched his eyes!........ :clapping:

Thanks John.

I considered using pink and Brian can tell you for sure I have lots of it. ;)

Chris, very nice work there. Nice and clean on the cork. Brian can you post a pic of the butt end. If you don't mind sharing, what blank was this built on, and what guides did you use?

FHR

Just got in,and yes Chris,it was christen many times this morning.Post later as the kiddies are over right now.

Rick I left the rod in Chris,s hands. What he used,he,ll have to tell ya.All I know,it,s a great rod.

Heres a pic of the butt.

007-1.jpg

Chris, very nice work there. Nice and clean on the cork. Brian can you post a pic of the butt end. If you don't mind sharing, what blank was this built on, and what guides did you use?

FHR

Hi Ric, thanks for the kudos.

The blank is a 13'-6" CTS, 4-8 rating.

The guides were Fuji BYAG's.

Brian wanted a sliding ring handle that I fancied up a wee bit with two shades of brown rubberized cork at the ends with a little bit of red Amboyna burl inserted at the back end.

Just got in,and yes Chris,it was christen many times this morning.Post later as the kiddies are over right now.

Looking forward to the report and your thoughts on the rod Brian. thumbsup_anim.gif

Hi Ric, thanks for the kudos.

The blank is a 13'-6" CTS, 4-8 rating.

The guides were Fuji BYAG's.

Brian wanted a sliding ring handle that I fancied up a wee bit with two shades of brown rubberized cork at the ends with a little bit of red Amboyna burl inserted at the back end.

Looking forward to the report and your thoughts on the rod Brian. thumbsup_anim.gif

Me two,Christmas is coming:clapping:

I wanted to,but last nights activities made for a rough start this morning.We still have time,Don't we?:angel:.

Oh come on now,I washed my face when I got to the river,,,,,,,,,,,That woke me up. :w00t:

I would like to add Rick.When I was doing my consultation with Chris,Mike (solopaddler was there) and they were talking so much jibberish about my rod,I said,JUST MAKE ME HAPPY. And I am. :good:

Oh come on now,I washed my face when I got to the river,,,,,,,,,,,That woke me up. :w00t:

I would like to add Rick.When I was doing my consultation with Chris,Mike (solopaddler was there) and they were talking so much jibberish about my rod,I said,JUST MAKE ME HAPPY. And I am. :good:

"Jibberish," I don't recall talking jibberish, are you sure you were paying attention. :P