Center Island carping video

BCLT

Had a chance to fish the Center Island for carp - big fish hold in and around these islands so I jumped at the opportunity to fish with Lorne (hammercarp) of the CAG. Here is a video but sadly we didnt land any fish. it was a great get together and I met some new faces that will be great additions to the sport! Thanks Lorne and everyone who showed up!

hey, thanks for the reply, i fish the pin regularly with 8 # test and a 6# leader, korean floats for commons only! - if I have to cast far ill switch to a spinning to get the float out far!

best wishes man, hope to see you around, or see some posts from you

ps - I got a 32,13 on the float last week - who says big fish cant be taken on light action rods and pins with light line!

shawn

Great video Shawn. Brings back a lot of memories :)

The Islands used to be a regular haunting ground for me. I used to bus it to the subway station with all my gear, take the subway to Union, walk to the ferry docks and ferry over. My last stalking session there was in 2008 – I haven’t been back since. For a few seasons, I spent 4-5 days a week there in the summer trying to hunt down 1 massive fish that I saw during each trip – Never did catch it but I never went home empty handed. It's just a carp stalkers wonderland. I definitely gotta make a trip back there this season. It’s been too long.

Thanks for sharing