Lake Erie PIGS

Billy Bob

~~~Dang~~~Did anyone get an invite for supper, i sure didn't get an invite, and he only done up 9 fillets, does he think were just going to enjoy just looken at them, lets gather into a hungry mob, and storm his place.

PS: I'll need a ride

TUNDRA my Guard Dog was put on duty while we enjoyed Lake Erie's Finest... :)

Is that lard? Great for the taste, bad for the heart.

Oh do I remember the days of using lard... :P ...my beloved mother in-law would boil down her own lard for french fries and fish fries.....but that in the fry pan was heart health Canola Oil.....I buy it by the gallon at Sam's Club...

Now if we could get a Fort Erie local to set up a place to meet and greet we could all get in on the action on Lake Erie and have a feast.... :)

Brian,

Here's a quick excerpt from an article I found on line:

Walleye and perch have a reduced chance of survival if they are caught in water deeper than seven metres, brought to the surface, and then released. When walleye or perch are caught in deep water, their swim bladders can't adapt quickly enough to the change in atmospheric pressure. This causes the fish equivalent of 'the bends'. The internal damage that results will likely kill the fish.

Simon

I have never seen a bigger collection of hog perch in my life!!! I bow dowm before thee....I am not worthy!!!

I have never seen a bigger collection of hog perch in my life!!! I bow dowm before thee....I am not worthy!!!

I get them like that every time out....only this time I had a camera....LOL....and I have a Peace Bridge for sale...CHEAP...

It just proves even a blind Redneck finds a perch now and then... :thumbsup_anim:

Great fishin, would be nice to let some of those females go though...

That would be a concern if fishing inland lakes. Like to see someone tell that to the cptn on an Erie trawler. They scoop up all without any thoughts and the guy catching a few gets smacked for not catching and releasing a few females. Fishermen/ladies barely make a dent on Erie's populations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have recently had some more interest in setting up "THE BAY OF PIGS" for April of 2013....but still looking for one or two local guys in the Crystal Beach, Fort Erie area to find a spot to set up a get together site after we fish just one day and have a huge perch fry........anyone....anyone....anyone....anyone.....LOL

How about you grimsbylander...your not too far if I'm correct....and maybe would get fish together or at least follow each other out.......or any other volunteers ? ? ?

Bob

Those are some real pig toads u got yourself there man, I can't wait to get back there, the bite is non stop and don't think I landed any under 10"s out of the at least 75 landed in the 3.5 hrs I was there - hope u left us some ;)