My 2011 Black Bear

Skud

Last fall was my 2nd year of Black Bear hunting. The year previous (2010) I harvested a young bear with a rifle although my intention was to use my bow. Circumstances didn't allow that to happen. I got another chance when I went up to Eddie Norths camp last September. I was up with my Dad and Son fishing for the week but I also set up a trail cam at a bait sight to see who was in the neighborhood. By Wednesday a bear was coming to the site and I was able to get video and pictures of the bear. It was small so I waited hoping for a larger one. By Friday there was still just the same bear so I set up that afternoon to hope for a shot at it while videotaping. The bait was 28 yards from my stand. Being skeptical of the far distance I was practicing with the same scenario every day back at camp until I felt confident.

This video is shorter since the bear was just laying in the grass eating up until he exposed herself to a broadside shot. The shot looked to be a little to far back on the body when it hit but the arrow found the center of the heart. The bear ran about 50 yards. You can see my bow coming into the left side of the screen. I was doing that on purpose just trying to get myself in the video in some way. There are no great after shots since the bear was small. Field dressed she was only 135 pounds. Enjoy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J9huineuhYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>