ouch $146.9 l for fuel

ecmilley

Some people will do crazy things to "save" on gas. People will drive across town or out of town to save 2 tenths of a cent on a fill up. :wallbash:

On a 50 litre fill up that is a difference of a dime. Even for a cent per litre difference the same fill up is 50 cents.

I'm not loaded by any means but I'm not going to work too hard to save 4 bits on a $67 stop for gas.

I can likely save 10 times that much by being more efficient in my driving habits....especially if I can get a few cars out of the middle lane. :whistling:

Fill up the gas tanks, crank the boat wide open and enjoy your trips on the water boys, we only go this route one time.

I spent too many years working my butt off to worry about saving a few $$$$ in my boat. :thumbsup_anim:

Thats my thinking aswell Lew. But I dont have a boat anymore,so I guess my trips with Terry are going to be pricy this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thats if he ever gets it running. :P:sarcasm:

I figure the marina will be $2 a litre this year... boat will make just as many trips to the pump as it needs to, to fully enjoy the summer! I figure since I didn't get to do so at all last year.. means fuel is really only $1 / litre this year if I average it out! :dunno::D

I'm with you on that!

160 lts in the truck + 230 lts in the boat and I can't wait!!!

Last year I biked to a few of my trout fishing spots...65-85km round trips, it was actually pretty sweet aside from roads with the hills.

A water bottle and a baggy full of assorted nuts & raisins is all you need for fuel :D

bloody hardcore, I salute you sir !

Last summer I ran a 7.5hp for 3 weeks non stop on the camping trip I take out to my grandmas neck of the woods..I spent $300 on gas during that trip. This year I'll be running a 9.9 or 15hp engine for 2 weeks time...probably going to need about 4 or 5 hundred for the gas fund it looks like :(

Last summer I ran a 7.5hp for 3 weeks non stop on the camping trip I take out to my grandmas neck of the woods..I spent $300 on gas during that trip. This year I'll be running a 9.9 or 15hp engine for 2 weeks time...probably going to need about 4 or 5 hundred for the gas fund it looks like :(

300 dollars for gas for the 7.5 ??? Wow....I think I filled my gas can about 4 times last year and I went fishing 3 or 4 times per week. My longest run is about 15 minutes.

300 dollars for gas for the 7.5 ??? Wow....I think I filled my gas can about 4 times last year and I went fishing 3 or 4 times per week. My longest run is about 15 minutes.

Fishing in the morning then coming back for lunch then going out right after until dinner then going out again for the 2 or 3 hours after 6pm every day for 3 weeks straight. It's a lot of gas. My run to the next lake was about 20minutes, not bad for a 7.5hp. I can get anywhere on the home lake in a 2min run across but I ventured to new water with the engine so always had to make a drive, but did stay on the home lake too lots.

Anyway don't know how but I did it, thats a rough estimate, I filled up a 5Gallon plastic jug 3 or 5gal gas tank and a 1g about 3 or 4 times during the trip.

Went to a smaller boat w/a merc 9.9. But purchased a 50 lb thrust electric and good deep cycle battery so I'll be using it quite alot this summer. Intend to patch in a minimum, 90 watt 7 amp solar panel for next year, using the merc to travel and the electric to troll. A little surprised to read three weeks on 7.5 costs 300.00? That's a hundred a week or what.. a 6 gallon tank a day roughly?

Went to a smaller boat w/a merc 9.9. But purchased a 50 lb thrust electric and good deep cycle battery so I'll be using it quite alot this summer. Intend to patch in a minimum, 90 watt 7 amp solar panel for next year, using the merc to travel and the electric to troll. A little surprised to read three weeks on 7.5 costs 300.00? That's a hundred a week or what.. a 6 gallon tank a day roughly?

No, not 6 Gallons daily. I burned a easy 1.5 to 2 gallons a day. Driving time with a little engine sucked, but I enjoyed every second. With 15hp on a 14' boat I'll be able to make the run in 15 minutes to the next lake over. The main thing was that in the channel were weeds, most engines can idle through no problem or fly through no problem. My boat was short and heavy so it put off a good wave and loved the weeds. Had to go slow and probably why I ate up lot's of gas. a 20min drive to your spot and a 20min ride home was the average. I always stopped and fished a spot or two on the way there and fished 2 or three spots after each outing before returning home for a meal.

I'm not sure but I must of put a good hour each day on the engine in running time, maybe 15minutes more if you count a warm up in the morning each day.

Two 5 Gallon jugs and a 1 Gallon jug was the fill up every 5-6 days. At 71 Liters per full up and at a 1.20 range it adds up quick my friend at $85 per fill up times that by 4 fill ups and I've breached $300 and that was my guess on spending. Put $1.40 in place now it's $100 per fill up on my camping trip.

Hopefully with a 15 or 9.9 I won't get bogged down in weeds and can travel quicker like the others through the channels etc. With a little more hp and travel distance as more power gets u more water to fish the math seems right ish :P

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

No, not 6 Gallons daily. I burned a easy 1.5 to 2 gallons a day. Driving time with a little engine sucked, but I enjoyed every second. With 15hp on a 14' boat I'll be able to make the run in 15 minutes to the next lake over. The main thing was that in the channel were weeds, most engines can idle through no problem or fly through no problem. My boat was short and heavy so it put off a good wave and loved the weeds. Had to go slow and probably why I ate up lot's of gas. a 20min drive to your spot and a 20min ride home was the average. I always stopped and fished a spot or two on the way there and fished 2 or three spots after each outing before returning home for a meal.

I'm not sure but I must of put a good hour each day on the engine in running time, maybe 15minutes more if you count a warm up in the morning each day.

Two 5 Gallon jugs and a 1 Gallon jug was the fill up every 5-6 days. At 71 Liters per full up and at a 1.20 range it adds up quick my friend at $85 per fill up times that by 4 fill ups and I've breached $300 and that was my guess on spending. Put $1.40 in place now it's $100 per fill up on my camping trip.

Hopefully with a 15 or 9.9 I won't get bogged down in weeds and can travel quicker like the others through the channels etc. With a little more hp and travel distance as more power gets u more water to fish the math seems right ish tongue.gif

Used a 40 Merc for years on various lakes and I was quite surprised how good it was on gas, small boat though (Fibre -14'). Always backed-off the power after getting on plane which made a pretty-big difference. I had all kinds of weed problems on Georgion Bay and Pigeon Lake.

Managed to solve that problem for the next season, sharpening the prop and it worked well. Just purchased a merc 9.9 for the new boat, Seamax 14' Inflatable. Told performance v gas usage should be very good, I would think that may be due to the boat being light weight compared to fibre glass?, we'll see.