It's time for everyone's support

Ron

Sorry for bringing this forward daily but we need as many people as possible to fill out this survey. You just have to remember, we were all kids once. What better way to get kids hooked on fishing rather than hooked on drugs. We have to show them that fishing is an important role as a youth to connect with Nature. There is many skills which can be credited to fishing. Volunteer work for the community is one of them.

Please do your part and fill out the survey.

http://app.fluidsurveys.com/s/Cobourg-ParksMasterPlanSurvey/

Cheers, Ron...

The Town of Cobourg is conducting an online Community Survey to gather input for the development of the Parks Master Plan. The following is a link to the Parks Master Plan Community Survey:

http://app.fluidsurv...sterPlanSurvey/

The survey should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete and must be completed by April 25, 2012. All are welcome to complete the survey, so if you know others who would like to participate in the Parks Master Plan, please feel free to pass along the link. The first thing you will notice, they did not put fishing on the list of activities you do in parks, rather disappointed in this myself.However there is room to include fishing in the "other" box.

Remember, this is what I have been fighting for, to ensure kids are able to fish with in the Cobourg harbour. Very few kids are fortunate enough to have parents that have a cottage, own boats or are able to drive their kids to Rice Lake in order for them to fish. This is one opportunity they are trying to take away from our future anglers in generations to come. The Cobourg Harbour is a great destination for not only kids but for all anglers to come and enjoy fishing. It is an under utilized area for some great Carp, Pike, Walleye, Rainbow trout, Lake trout, Perch, and both Bass species just to name a few.

Please, please, please take the time to fill out the survey and make it clear to the Town of Cobourg that fishing is of great value to the community, more so to get kids involved in fishing and what the outdoors has to offer. Taking away fishing opportunities is just one more reason for kids to get into mischief. I would understand if fishing was dangerous.

For more information regarding the planning process, please visit the Town website at:

http://cobourg.ca/pa...aster-plan.html

Thank you for your help in preparing a plan for the future of Parks in Cobourg!

Cheers, Ron...

Hello everyone,

There is only 5 more days to fill out this survey. I would like to ensure the kids in this small community still have an oportunity to fish all of the Cobourg Harbour as I did when I was a youngster. Some of my first fishing memories were from the Cobourg Harbour. I hope to one day, be able to take my grand kids to the same places I fished when I was a kid.

Cheers, Ron...

As someone who was born and raised in Cobourg (21 yrs), I can attest to the importance first hand! Growing up I fished the harbour A LOT, as like stated before, is one of the few options for those of us that dont have a "cottage" to go to, or aren't old enough to drive, etc.

I also know first hand how pathetic the "Town of Cobourg" can be. Hopefully this will kick their :asshat:'s into gear and make them do something that actually benefits the community for once.

Did mine!

Have a questuion though. Most gov't will only pull info from a survey that is useful to the results they want. Given fishing is clearly not on their radar, it is probably goinng to get buried. How are you going to get the disclosure you need?

Will it require an Freedom of Information request? How the heck do you do it anyway?

Can anyone help with that?

Ron keep up the good fight! I don't live there but apppreciate everything you have done.

The Town of Cobourg is conducting an online Community Survey to gather input for the development of the Parks Master Plan. The following is a link to the Parks Master Plan Community Survey:

http://app.fluidsurv...sterPlanSurvey/

The survey should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete and must be completed by April 25, 2012. All are welcome to complete the survey, so if you know others who would like to participate in the Parks Master Plan, please feel free to pass along the link. The first thing you will notice, they did not put fishing on the list of activities you do in parks, rather disappointed in this myself.However there is room to include fishing in the "other" box.

Remember, this is what I have been fighting for, to ensure kids are able to fish with in the Cobourg harbour. Very few kids are fortunate enough to have parents that have a cottage, own boats or are able to drive their kids to Rice Lake in order for them to fish. This is one opportunity they are trying to take away from our future anglers in generations to come. The Cobourg Harbour is a great destination for not only kids but for all anglers to come and enjoy fishing. It is an under utilized area for some great Carp, Pike, Walleye, Rainbow trout, Lake trout, Perch, and both Bass species just to name a few.

Please, please, please take the time to fill out the survey and make it clear to the Town of Cobourg that fishing is of great value to the community, more so to get kids involved in fishing and what the outdoors has to offer. Taking away fishing opportunities is just one more reason for kids to get into mischief. I would understand if fishing was dangerous.

For more information regarding the planning process, please visit the Town website at:

http://cobourg.ca/pa...aster-plan.html

Thank you for your help in preparing a plan for the future of Parks in Cobourg!

Cheers, Ron...

Did mine!

Have a questuion though. Most gov't will only pull info from a survey that is useful to the results they want. Given fishing is clearly not on their radar, it is probably goinng to get buried. How are you going to get the disclosure you need?

Will it require an Freedom of Information request? How the heck do you do it anyway?

Can anyone help with that?

Ron keep up the good fight! I don't live there but apppreciate everything you have done.

Hey radar,

I have had several meetings with the town of Cobourg, I have been charged twice for fishing in a legal fishing zone in the Cobourg harbour. Believe me, fishing is on their radar. Short of charging the Town of Cobourg for harassment, they know how important fishing is to the youth and adults alike. We have to let the town know fishing is of great value to any community, recreational and revenue related.

To everyone:

There is only a few more days left to fill out the survey, please take the time to fill it out.

Cheers, Ron...

Done long ago Ron, please fill out the survey folks, fishing spots that are taken away, are usually taken away forever, help out Ron in his very worthwhile cause for both youth and adults alike. Kudos to you Ron, as weve seen when you sets your sites on something you follow it through to completion, and we hope the end results will be positive.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to fill out this survey. I do anticipate that the voice of anglers will make a difference on their decision as to allow angling in the harbour in which we all pay taxes on. I look forward to ensure kids are not harassed for enjoying a safe and enjoyable past time. With all the opening seasons coming up in the next few weeks. I doubt I will have time to enjoy the Carp fishing which can be had right now in the harbour.

Once again, thanks for everyone's support, it will go a long way.

Cheers, Ron...