IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!

walleyemen

***VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION*** regarding bordering waterways.

Hey Guys and Gals

Last year there was a big story about an American boat in Canadian waters that ended up with guys being threatened with boat seizure then charged a $1000 fine, etc. etc Later on there were rumors of a second incident.

Following this there were all kinds of questions about procedures, people to call, steps to take, and opinions. People were calling different organizations trying to find out the correct procedures, then people posting different procedures online.

For one night only all of the important people that we need to hear the correct and exact information from with be in one spot.

On Friday April 13 the Niagara Bassmasters will be holding an open meeting/seminar with the following members in attendance.

This event will be hosted by Ruth Sparks and will include; Border Protection USA, U.S Customs, Transport Canada, Niagara Region Police and the Ministry of Natural Resources. With possibly two more groups.

If you fish bordering waterways this is a must attend meeting. Instead of hearing information from one party or another whether it is US or Canadian based, all parties will be present and will cover the regulations and requirements of traveling from one countries waters to the next and back again.

This meeting could not get any better and is probably the only time parties from all of these organizations will be in one place together.

Please see the particulars below.

Meeting will be held at;

Royal Canadian Legion

5603 Spring Niagara Falls

Friday April 13, 2012

Doors will open at 6:30pm

Meeting starts sharply at 7:00pm

Beverages will be available before and following the presentation but there will be a strict rule of no open alcohol in the room during the presentation.

This is an open meeting and we welcome anyone interested in attending.

If you fish our bordering waterways make it a point to attend this meeting.

Feel free to post any questions.

That should be a great information session. All parties at one location, hopefully with co-originated info. I remember the days when I would launch at Queenston cross the river to the American side, tie up at the dock stateside and walk up the street to the baitshop for some fatheads. Never bothered to use the phone on the dock either.That probably would get you a quick visit to, and very slow exit from, the crowbar hotel today.

Any way someone can do a video and post it on ofc...?

I'm on a border water.... But Niagra area is a tad far for me to go for some info....

Here I'm on the Quebec/NY state/Ontario zone 20/18

Lots to know and hard to find the info....

Only clear info I've found is in the NY regs....

Any way someone can do a video and post it on ofc...?

I'm on a border water.... But Niagra area is a tad far for me to go for some info....

Here I'm on the Quebec/NY state/Ontario zone 20/18

Lots to know and hard to find the info....

Only clear info I've found is in the NY regs....

Wow....a video is an excellent idea. And a good sound. Even just a sound recording would be ok.