It's Almost THAT Time Of The Year again . . .

Photoz

Except for the slight speed bump, my favorite time of the year is fast approaching. In the shallow bays, creek & river mouths, THEY are starting to stir! Soon I will be hearing the 'music' all along the shallows, BEEP . . BEEP . . BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP as the line whines off my reel! It's ALMOST carpin' time! I've seen a few posts already where some carpers have gotten an early start. Time to dust off those 'baitrunner' style reels . . . head for the corn stores in Blackstock, Queensville & Mississauga to pick up a 40 kilo bag, check out your local carpin' tackle stores, and when ya do find a good tackle store . . . . share the information with the rest of us! I have a good carp rod listed on our 'buy & sell,' it would make a fine addition to some ones carpin' gear. Anybody else either lookin' to buy or sell carp gear, NOW'S the time to do it. Good luck fellow carpers . . . . hope to see ya out there!

I’ll be stocking up on some new carp gear in a couple weeks. Baitrunners are useless where I plan to fish this season...Looking to pick up a new Daiwa Big-pit reel, a few snag ears for the alarms and I should be set to fish the gnarliest waters the Niagara has to offer :D

I’ll be stocking up on some new carp gear in a couple weeks. Baitrunners are useless where I plan to fish this season...Looking to pick up a new Daiwa Big-pit reel, a few snag ears for the alarms and I should be set to fish the gnarliest waters the Niagara has to offer :D

The only bait runner I have is on the girlfriends carp rod...

When you get a 30+ pound carp in the current... You want every bit of the 300 yards of 50lb power pro...

When you get a 30+ pound carp in the current... You want every bit of the 300 yards of 50lb power pro...

I have ZERO issues with line capacity on my Shimano LongCast :D

I’m just looking for a lighter reel with line capacity and the same dependability...When you gotta hike 30 minutes down and through a rocky gorge (including jumping boulders & climbing over fallen trees) to get to your swim (with all your gear), every bit of weight you can save from your pack is critical...I can’t use the baitrunner function anyway because of the heavy current...

well by walleye opener i will have caught and released 2000-5000 pounds of carp... depending on how much i get out...

any fish that adds up to as much as 400 pounds a day... ill give it a try...

besides... i have my legal possession limit of perch after 1 day... after that whats the point? unless your illegally filling your freezer... :whistling:

Looks like Mike/BFA is planning something special. I hope to read about it. Photoz, carp fishing never really stopped here due to the mild weather. I banked over 40 fish the first month of winter. This cold snap has slowed things down some but guys are catching right through it.

Hey guys, two thoughts to add, dont take offense, there are big pit baitrunners with high tension baitrunner capabilities and in the toughest flows take a loop of masking tape and loop it around the rod to hold the line, fish takes the rig and line pops right out and begins stripping off! As good as quick drag reels are advertised to be, they are a bit of hype in my opinion. This is just my opinion, im not saying its right though

Every person I've taken carp fishing has had a blast... And most caught their biggest fish ever their first time carpin....

Mind you once walleye opens the carp gear goes bye bye for the year...lol

But what else is there to do till walleye opener...

To each there own. I have friends who are right into it and Ive been and caught some big fish(St Jacobs is a pretty good spot bye the bye)I caught tons as a kid(until I discovered that smallmouth also filled the Grand. I just don't get it.

I found that beep to be annoying, actually.

Reel peel to me includes about 700ft of 25lb mono ripping off a downrigger rod, with a 30lb king on the other end. THAT will stop your heart!! :thumbsup_anim:

Carping would be fun, I just can't find the time between all the other fish!!

S.

I don't find it nearly as annoying as seeing that "What Song Are Ya Listening To Right Now" thread EVERY TIME I've GONE THROUGH THE POSTS for the last 6 months! Cut & paste my carpin' 'music' into that thread and you could have a #1 tune on your hands! Sheesh already!