Fishing License,,,,

Gerritt

odd that they'd allow an e-license to be attached to an expired card..

this is my second yr doing it that way, when i look on the site it says i expire 2013...

computers suck

EDIT:

spoke to the people at the outdoors card centre on the phone, and you were right, it was/is illegal to use my old card.. and that i should have had a new one mailed to me.. the computer got blamed and they're mailing me a new one..

see comment re: computers sucking..

Careful DaveMC might call this hearsay.... as you got this from information from another person... and he might personally try to tar a feather you...(he better have ALOT of tar and feathers...)

G.

dont mean to hijack your thread G..

if i've got an e-license from Jan 2012 and an outdoors card that expired Dec 31 2010, am I illegal?

Nope you need a valid outdoors card as well.

Quote;

"This E-License is not valid unless it is accompanied by an Outdoors Card containing the same 15 digit nimber or a temporary card contains the same personal information under which the license was purchased."

Issued on: 2010.04.12

Valid to: Dec 31 2012

Never received my 2010 Outdoors Card (or misplced It) and still carry my '09 expired card (with "same 15 digit number"). Checked/validated by MNR in both 2010 & 2011. Both times at Quinte.

Slayer

Edited by pikeslayer

For the record, I have stopped there many times over the last couple of years while on route to the cottage. Whenever I have guests requiring licenses, they are typically purchased/registered there. Everybody I know who purchased there, has always received their card via mail.

That said, I can't speak for the new system introduced late last year.

Slayer

Could you ask them if they paid cash? as I did.... if they even remember? I paid cash... and nothing... I called MNR and they have no record of me renewing.... still hearsay DaveMC?

G.

I puchased mine online at the end of December and still havent received it in the mail. Last year I did the same thing and didnt receive it until May. I do have the temperary license that I printed out but it sucks having to carry around a piece of paper everytime I go fishing.

this is interesting, I think you may be onto something. The place I used to get my license from before doing it online would ONLY take cash, a tackle shop, you are buying stuff and a license, had to be 2 transactions and now they no longer sell licenses........

I know you re hearing this from me so it is hearsay but...

if you pay debit/cc for your license at a place other than online, would the shop would have to eat the processing fee from the debit terminal provider for the transaction? mnr would essentially be getting free cc/debit processing via the individual shops..

hearsay is acceptable for this answer..

One thing the walmart guy did tell me that the money went to the MNR electronically from Walmart's account to the MNR at the same time the new tag was printing, as in BEFORE I had actually paid for it. The MNR database was updated at the same time to reflect that I had purchased the tag. Without a doubt this is better for the MNR than any previous delays due to mailing or even lost mail. Like anything new, though, it's off to a rocky start and smoothing out. Compare it to any new release (with associated crashes) of the Windows operating system over the years, and it doesn't seem so bad.

Michael

All issuers are now on direct debit regarding remitting moneys owed to the MNR, money is taken out once every 2 weeks (on a thursday to be exact)

here is a pic of the breakdown we get from the MNR regarding price structure and issuer fees (modified of course) it shows he made exactly $1.75 on your license purchase. furthermore here is a pic of my machine. im not trying to blow smoke up your butt Garritt but rather clear up some misinformation for others here. I am an actual issuer of hunting and fishing licenses, and from where i am at i am seeing a ton of misinformation and flat out lies being spread buy other issuers. I hate seeing this misinformation spread like it is the truth as it paints all of us that are trying to provide you guys with a service in a negative light. I understand that this system can be a hassle to you guys, believe me, i have to deal with this machine 12hrs a day 7 days a week.

LAS 2012 Products and Fees FINAL (3).jpg

LASunit.JPG

if you pay debit/cc for your license at a place other than online, would the shop would have to eat the processing fee from the debit terminal provider for the transaction? mnr would essentially be getting free cc/debit processing via the individual shops..

hearsay is acceptable for this answer..

you are absolutely 100% correct. every time we accept debit/credit for a license transaction we eat the costs of that transaction.

• 3 weeks later...

regurgitating an old thread with an update in case others are still waiting on their cards.

Did it online March 28 and finally received my card today, 22 days start to finish. Not bad and close to what the service rep thought it would take.

Hope things are ironed out in three years lol.

this is a real interesting topic

i had my fishing hunting card good till 2013

bought by der liscense at bass pro

then had to go home and get confused online entering wmu for deer hunt finally got it done

got home from work today and theirs a letter from outdoors card

thinking it might be deer tag

open it up and guess what i have another outdoors card for hunting and fishing till 2013

iam confused

i know i fixed my address as it was spelt wrong but this had wrong spelling as well good thing for postal codes

Gerrit as a past issuer I can say for certain retailers dont skim, like someone said every document is numbered and a dealer must either pay for each one or return those not sold period,no way to sell and keep the money. I can say for sure that it happens all the time that mnr doesnt send out or have a record but its on their end that mistakes get made not the retailer.

I also am a past issuer from Wally World in Owen Sound, and all the licenses and tags were individually numbered and we had to account for them and the money or the store was on the hook for them. Please note that at that time we only remitted at the end of the month so the paperwork for any license bought at the start of the month didn't get sent to the Ministry till 4 or 5 weeks later. Add their processing time into the mix and I'll bet you could be looking at an 8 weeks delay in the purchased getting their cards if it was applicable. That's why when I had to renew my fishing license for 1 year in 2012 I went to a Service Ontario outlet. If they can't get it right, who can? It took about 5-10 minutes from the time I got to the counter. I won't say how long it took to get to the counter though.LOL.

Yah, I reach the 65 milestone in Aug. and even the lady on the Service Ontario desk said you should get the "freebee" in the year you turn 65 or they should pro-rate the fee. But no, I had to shell out the full $ 27.+ for 8 months. I'll still have to fork out every 3 yrs for my small game license and I'll be dead before I let that lapse.