Can you recommend a Rod Repair person?

Double What??

Hi all,

I have a couple of rods that need repairs. One in particular is St. Croix Legend Tournament where the "foot" of one of the guides has pulled (ripped) out of the spot where it was mounted. Do I just press it back down and put some clear nail polish on it?? Will that hold?

Does anyone know of someone that knows what they're doing when it comes repairing rods? I'm in the Burlington area but location is flexible.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

DW

BillM has your pro repair options covered.

No, nail polish alone won't hold. If you were out in a boat and wanted an emergency repair fishing line would work (braid would be better then mono) or even some duct tape. At home some tread and proper epoxy would do the job although it wouldn't look as good or last as well as a pros handy work.

Hi all,

I have a couple of rods that need repairs. One in particular is St. Croix Legend Tournament where the "foot" of one of the guides has pulled (ripped) out of the spot where it was mounted. Do I just press it back down and put some clear nail polish on it?? Will that hold?

Does anyone know of someone that knows what they're doing when it comes repairing rods? I'm in the Burlington area but location is flexible.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

DW

Don't legend tournament rods have a lifetime warranty? I would start by contacting them. The cost to ship it may be less than the cost to repair it.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

spiel could have that wrapped up again in a few minutes, minus drying time of course. i bet he'd even be able to match the threadwork!