Walleye have been very very good to me!

Darrel

Sad part is there is a bait shop right across the street selling these guys whatever they want. They can look out their front door and see what's going on. But do you think they'll say a word. As long as their making a buck, anything goes.

On the contrary kwikfish, the bait shop in Caledonia will guide you to the zone 16 reg's and restrictions in certain areas, not that I have ever stepped foot in that shop, but MY bait guy guides me and informs me of everything at Bill's(Plug). Do I look new? I know my limit and stay within it it! I can't believe I am actually defending myself here! But hey, just sayin'

Zone 16 Regs.jpg

Edited by Big Bass Man

Nice fish!! Thats where I caught my first and only walleye LOL Dont worry about all the harassment youll get used to it, I get accused of fishing fish sanctuaries every time i post a report. Knowing and obeying fishing regs is something i take very seriously and Ive even yelled at a few guys fishing in a questionable location that I would report them if they didnt get their asshat.gif's outa there, after they tried convincing me they werent doing anything wrong I pulled out my cell phone and walked over to a sign no further than 100 yards from where they were fishing and begun dialing the MNR hotline that is boldly printed on the sign. After punching in about 5 numbers I saw the 3 guys quickly moving downstream. They were fishing under a bridge that has signs all over it saying fish sanctuary no fishing and there are other signs posted ALL over the river stating that there is to be no fishing north of the bridge but it did not say anything about under the bridge? Does anyone know if this boundary starts at the north or south end of the bridge? These guys were trying to tell me it was the north end of the bridge but after they fled the scene while i was dialing the MNR hotline it makes me think they were in fact fishing in the sanctuary.

I guess that sums it up nicely.

Ummmm.......No it does not. There were is no reference to dates that the actual photo were taken on (with the exception of the stringer shot)

Seems to me that you guys are desperately reaching for straws. You posted assumptious remarks and railroaded the thread. No to mention publicly/openly questioned a members intergrity. The right thing to do is apologize openly IMHO. But knowing the way things work around here the general consensus is it will be easier to make it go 'poof'.

Edited by pikeslayer

Boy, there sure are a lot of people bashing this site in this thread... rightly or wrongly, I don't know or even care! What does astound me is that they are bashing while still wanting to contribute!

If I was as annoyed as they seem to be, I would simply go find somewhere else to get my gitch in a knot over! :wallbash::rolleyes::blahblah1:

HH

On the contrary kwikfish, the bait shop in Caledonia will guide you to the zone 16 reg's and restrictions in certain areas, not that I have ever stepped foot in that shop, but MY bait guy guides me and informs me of everything at Bill's(Plug). Do I look new? I know my limit and stay within it it! I can't believe I am actually defending myself here! But hey, just sayin'

I beleive its ok to defend your self here and you are doing it wisly , i can see you have'nt posted a hole lot here yet but we hope you do . Ihave'nt been here all that long either and i would just like to tell you that this place no matter what is like one big family and in big familys it takes time to earn your spot and that will never change even here . See this bump on my left fore head , i got that the first week i was here , see this bruse under my right eye , i got that here a few days later , see this bump on the back of my head , i got that here too one time from one of the mods , see my toreren shirt , i got that here too when a bunch of them jumped me for not spelling write , but you know , its like i said , its one big family here and it can be tuff , there over 7000 of us mostly boys and boys play tuff . After every thing i've been thru i am still here and if your tuff as i can see you are you will be too . Thank you very much for sharing with us and we all look forward to your input on the site . Thank you .

I beleive its ok to defend your self here and you are doing it wisly , i can see you have'nt posted a hole lot here yet but we hope you do . Ihave'nt been here all that long either and i would just like to tell you that this place no matter what is like one big family and in big familys it takes time to earn your spot and that will never change even here . See this bump on my left fore head , i got that the first week i was here , see this bruse under my right eye , i got that here a few days later , see this bump on the back of my head , i got that here too one time from one of the mods , see my toreren shirt , i got that here too when a bunch of them jumped me for not spelling write , but you know , its like i said , its one big family here and it can be tuff , there over 7000 of us mostly boys and boys play tuff . After every thing i've been thru i am still here and if your tuff as i can see you are you will be too . Thank you very much for sharing with us and we all look forward to your input on the site . Thank you .

Nicely put Skippygood.gif

Ummmm.......No it does not. There were is no reference to dates that the actual photo were taken on (with the exception of the stringer shot)

Seems to me that you guys are desperately reaching for straws. You posted assumptious remarks and railroaded the thread. No to mention publicly/openly questioned a members intergrity. The right thing to do is apologize openly IMHO. But knowing the way things work around here the general consensus is it will be easier to make it go 'poof'.

I think not.

Posted Mon. March 12th the OP stated he was looking for a fishing partener for walleye fishing in Caledonia, mistakenly believing that the walleye fishing season closed on Wed. March 15th.

I'm looking for someone to go fishing with in Caledonia this Wednesday. I went with a buddy on Sunday and did very well, but I have no one to join me for the closing day of Walleye season, which is technically Wednesday at midnight. If you don't mind a workout in somewhat of fast moving water, I would love for someone to tag along for some fun, breast deep in water, walleye fishing! Plus, it's good to have someone else there in case I take a dip in the drink! :blink: LOL. Please let me know via inbox or open reply ASAP and we can discuss details of time and place to meet.

Darrel :Gonefishing:

Given the lack of snow and ice as well as the green grass and the lack of warm clothing it would seem to fit well with the above quote.

Even if I'm mistaken on all of the above this still applies!

Fish within 22.9 (75ft.) downstream from the lower entrance to any fishway or canal, obstacle or any device designed to assist fish around an obstacle.

As I said being very familiar with the area the background in the fourth picture is the entrance to the fish ladder, the other pictures are from the same location just from a different angle. It's up to the angler to be aware of the regs, with or without signage.

Ok Mr. Reg's, if you know the area so well, then you know where that big log crosses the concrete footpath at the shoreline, right? I was fishing the far side of that and I don't know about you, but I've been in the construction business most of my life and know how to eyeball a measurement and I'm PRETTY sure I'm 75' from the dam!!! But why don't you go prove me wrong and get yourself a big steel tape, get your bass down there and measure it up for me....seeing you don't have much else to do. maybe getting off your computer and gettin' out for some fresh air might do you some good!!! Lemme know how it goes for ya!

Oh yeah, I know the reg's too, big fella! Just sayin'

Zone 16 Regs.jpg

I'm looking for someone to go fishing with in Caledonia this Wednesday. I went with a buddy on Sunday and did very well, but I have no one to join me for the closing day of Walleye season, which is technically Wednesday at midnight. If you don't mind a workout in somewhat of fast moving water, I would love for someone to tag along for some fun, breast deep in water, walleye fishing! Plus, it's good to have someone else there in case I take a dip in the drink! :blink: LOL. Please let me know via inbox or open reply ASAP and we can discuss details of time and place to meet.

Darrel :Gonefishing:

I'm still stuck on your post of March 12th, almost 2 weeks after the walleye season closed there. dunno.gif

Your spelling and grammer has improved greatly though :D

I was the first one to post about your illegl fshing and I wouldn't have done so unless I saw this post from you dated March 12th 2012 11:05pm

"I'm looking for someone to go fishing with in Caledonia this Wednesday. I went with a buddy on Sunday and did very well, but I have no one to join me for the closing day of Walleye season, which is technically Wednesday at midnight. If you don't mind a workout in somewhat of fast moving water, I would love for someone to tag along for some fun, breast deep in water, walleye fishing! Plus, it's good to have someone else there in case I take a dip in the drink! LOL. Please let me know via inbox or open reply ASAP and we can discuss details of time and place to meet.

Thanks

Darrel

And yes, this date never happened, seeing my bait guy pointed out the restrictions in Caledonia...again, I am aware of them and don't take them lightly!!!!!!!!I was mistaken with my date and hey, that happens, doesn't it? I am human. I clearly stated what I had thought was closing date for walleye in Caledonia as well. Did you think to message me at the time of this post to correct me? Were YOU one of the 149 viewers of that post and didn't reply to it like the other 148? Give me a break!!!!! How many of you guys that are busting my balls are retired? LOL

Edited by Big Bass Man

I'm still stuck on your post of March 12th, almost 2 weeks after the walleye season closed there. dunno.gif

Are they closed in upper and lower Niagara as well, or are they fair game all year round?!!!!!! I know the answer to that, so don't bother replying...just ask yourself before shooting you mouths off....OMG you guys are something else. Remember when you're pointing your finger, there are three more pointing back at you....and hey, it's a nice day out, so I'm sure you can go clean the crap up in your own backyard!

Darn. Maybe the poster should have included the newspaper of the day in his pictures. I didn't immediately assume the fish were out of season. I am not familiar with the area and would not be able to determine if caught in a non-fishing zone.

Nice fish though!

WOW, is right!!!! Awful nice of you guys to automatically assume that I might be dumb enough to pull out what is NOT in season! But like most fishermen, they like telling a good story....or for your guy's sake, bashing me and making a story out of it! Thanks for your support!!! This site is a joke and it's guys like you that make it that way!!! A bunch of computer tough guys!!! Baaaaaahahaha!!! Fish on!!!

You're pretty adamant here that you weren't fishing Caledonia.

BTW.... the stringer pic is in Delaware ON, taken March 2. Season didn't close til March 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that I need to explain myself. Do you guys have nothing better to do, but ruin a good HONEST story! Are YOU for real?!!!

Here you claim you're fishing Delaware.

I was the first one to post about your illegl fshing and I wouldn't have done so unless I saw this post from you dated March 12th 2012 11:05pm

"I'm looking for someone to go fishing with in Caledonia this Wednesday. I went with a buddy on Sunday and did very well, but I have no one to join me for the closing day of Walleye season, which is technically Wednesday at midnight. If you don't mind a workout in somewhat of fast moving water, I would love for someone to tag along for some fun, breast deep in water, walleye fishing! Plus, it's good to have someone else there in case I take a dip in the drink! LOL. Please let me know via inbox or open reply ASAP and we can discuss details of time and place to meet.

Thanks

Darrel

According to this quoted post you were soliciting members to join you walleye fishing in Caledonia. The post was dated 12 days after the season closed.

Ok Mr. Reg's, if you know the area so well, then you know where that big log crosses the concrete footpath at the shoreline, right? I was fishing the far side of that and I don't know about you, but I've been in the construction business most of my life and know how to eyeball a measurement and I'm PRETTY sure I'm 75' from the dam!!! But why don't you go prove me wrong and get yourself a big steel tape, get your bass down there and measure it up for me....seeing you don't have much else to do. maybe getting off your computer and gettin' out for some fresh air might do you some good!!! Lemme know how it goes for ya!

Oh yeah, I know the reg's too, big fella! Just sayin'

In this response you actually admit to fishing in Caledonia.

Surely you can see why some people are thinking this post is a little fishy.

According to this quoted post you were soliciting members to join you walleye fishing in Caledonia. The post was dated 12 days after the season closed.

Busted.

I bet he's now gonna complain that you are calling him surely!

HH

surprised this hasnt been locked by now

How come? Unless you're 100% sure the OP committed no wrong.

He'd have had to be fishing the Thames and only the Thames.

I walk the Grand with my dog in Caledonia every 2nd day. It's only really become fishable in the last two weeks. Too bad the season closed March 1st. No way does the condition of the river prior to March 1st jive with a couple of the pic's he posted.

To me his post asking members to join him fishing the Grand in Caledonia on March 12th is pretty damning. Sorry but I don't buy the fact that was a slip of the tongue.

But each to their own, you're all entitled to an opinion.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/naive

Edited by solopaddler