Howdy (forum noob)

i2cool2fool

Hey all. I am new to the forum. This looks like a great place to hang out when not fishing. I see lots of experienced anglers posting very helpful technical and fishing report information. I hope to contribute in some way and be involved in this great community - with occassional fishing reports at the least.

I have been fishing since old enough to cast a line > 30 years ago. Born and raised in NB and spent lots of time river and stream fishing for speckled trout. When I moved to Ontario 14 years ago, I got the bass and pike fishing fever and finally bought my first boat 4 years ago and now on to #2 (used). I can't wait to hit different water (to me anyhow) like Long Point Bay or the western shoreline of Erie! My darn brother-in-law took me pickeral fishing last year and I am excited to maybe explore that as well. I better avoid a musky boat for now or I could go insane.

Keep your prop on the bottom side!

Welcome, this is probably a decent time of the year to sign up.........most of the winternet craziness is gone and a small amount of sanity returns to OFC. We like fishing reports and pics, lots of pics.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I have seen some crazy winternet activity on other forums (non-fishing) and believe this one is quite tame and well self-managed based on a few weeks of lurking and looking at past threads.

Can't wait to launch relic and cast some line.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I have seen some crazy winternet activity on other forums (non-fishing) and believe this one is quite tame and well self-managed based on a few weeks of lurking and looking at past threads.

Can't wait to launch relic and cast some line.

Welcome i2cool2fool. Or would Mr. Fool be more respectful? wink.gif

I'm a recent addition here too, and I also noticed that the folks here are pretty civilized. My wife and I enjoy powerboat cruising and I participate on other boating forums. In the winter, with the boats laid up, people get antsy and downright nasty. Not here. Seems like a super bunch.

I've been warmly welcomed here and I'm sure you'll get the same.

Edited by whiskywizard

Welcome aboard, always someone here to help out with advice. Sure people can get ansy but just don't take anything personally and its all good. You know its hard to read a persons tone and intent when typing on the internet so I think alot of stuff are just misunderstandings. But overall a good group of people.