Pigeon Lake Ice

nancur373

I'm just a few miles east of Pigeon at Clear Lake and from what I can see from here it appears to still be fully covered in ice so I'm guessing Pigeon will be similar ??

I could sure be wrong though.

Got a trailer on Pigeon Lake. Want to get out for crappie in the boat. Is there still ice up there?

Lots of ice on the lake (north end) still...I hope to get down by the shoreline this afternoon to take a few pictures...will post them here...

Nogies Creek is open water but the bay is basically ice covered...

The only open lake water I have seen so far is at the mouth of the river in town and it extends quite a ways out into the lake...No fishing in the river below the dam to the mouth until the third Saturday in May (fish sanctuary)...

Edited by Beans

How much open water is up around nogies? The small launch there might be open, no?

I just put my ice gear away, now going to get the boat ready. I was already out in it once in Feb, now I gotta get her out in march, so I can claim the fame of all 12 months in the water :clapping:

S.

How much open water is up around nogies? The small launch there might be open, no?

I just put my ice gear away, now going to get the boat ready. I was already out in it once in Feb, now I gotta get her out in march, so I can claim the fame of all 12 months in the water :clapping:

S.

Hey Shane...I have to take my garbage to the dump this afternoon and will bring my camera with me and take a couple of shots off the bridge at Nogies along with some shots off our private park on Taites Bay...

I'm guessing the launch in town below the dam on the north side of the river is free of ice as the river is wide open and the open water extends way out in the lake...

Two shots of Nogie Launch

Edited by Beans

Two shots looking north from Nogie Bridge

Two shots lookin south from Nogie Bridge

Last but not least...A view from our Launch (gated)

Sorry about the glare in the pics...hard to get good pics in the bright sunshine unless it is at my back...

Edited by Beans

Thanks for taking the time Beans.

Looks like its going to be a while before the boat will go in on that end of the lake. Maybe Gannons narrows has a little more open water. I'll have to go for a drive and see!

S.

S.

When I had my cottage at Chautauqua Lake, I had one year that the ice left real early.....fished walleyes on the north end of the lake in my boat on March 13th (walleye closes here on March 16th) in the morning (caught 1 walleye), then fished for crappies (caught many crappies) at the south end of the lake....and from what I hear, this year I could do the same thing....only problem, my boat is stuck in storage until maybe late this week....but I'm trying to pry her out... :whistling:...we are expecting lost of NICE weather here for most of this week.... :wallbash:

Gannons Narrows was wide open all winter. The rest of the lake still has ice. It will be awhile before the main part of the lake opens up. The lower end has some open areas, but again, the areas that had over 14" will take awhile to break up. The old river bed will be the first to go. The water level is still way down, so most of the launches would be useless, other than Gannons Narrows Marina maybe.