hockey stuff for Leaf fans like me (NF)

chris.brock

I grew up watching the Leafs with my Dad, 30+ years ago, on CHCH on Wednesday nights, and on CBC on Saturdays and have been a fan ever since. I've always lived in the GTA, and always followed the Leafs. The friends, and friends of friends and co-workers who claim they are fans of other teams tick me off, the teams they jump on the bandwagon with are always solid teams- Detroit, Boston, Flyers, Habs, etc, I don't know any Blue Jacket , Panther or even Predator fans, I think they should go away and live in the city with their teams, it doesn't make sense to me

I know we (the Leafs) have sucked, but they're my team and always will be, "I Am Canadian", this is where I grew up and live, and I'm in it for the long haul (for better or worse)

What does being a laff fan have to do with being Canadian?

There are plenty of other good Canadians who are fans of other teams, some even of US teams!

See, that's where the Laff fan mentality irks non laff fans.

yeah, there are, there have been and likely always will be, other "good" teams I could choose to become a fan of, the leafs suc but so do the sens

how many sens shirts and hats do you see when you're travelling abroad? it's all leafs and some habs

Spoken like only a laff fan can!

You might want to get out of TO for a bit into the real world!

Might do you some good.

You seem to follow the Leaf posts very closely. We get it. You dont like them. You call them Laffs. Haha very funny. Every hockey thread goes 10 pages because of your criticism. Get over it.

You seem to follow the Leaf posts very closely. We get it. You dont like them. You call them Laffs. Haha very funny. Every hockey thread goes 10 pages because of your criticism. Get over it.

I think he is just trying to get his fix of hockey talk. TO seems to be the only place where the fans care enough about the team to talk about them. Walk into a sports bar in Ottawa and they have CPAC on the tubes.

I like how every comment seems to come off as an insult. If you hate Leaf fans that much.....dont talk to us.

Edited by hawk-eye

I grew up watching the Leafs with my Dad, 30+ years ago, on CHCH on Wednesday nights, and on CBC on Saturdays and have been a fan ever since. I've always lived in the GTA, and always followed the Leafs. The friends, and friends of friends and co-workers who claim they are fans of other teams tick me off, the teams they jump on the bandwagon with are always solid teams- Detroit, Boston, Flyers, Habs, etc, I don't know any Blue Jacket , Panther or even Predator fans, I think they should go away and live in the city with their teams, it doesn't make sense to me

Let me get this straight; People that like other teams should sell everything they own, uproot their families, and move to where those teams are.

Yup, you're a leafs fan alright.

Jim

as proud of gustavsen as they come!

I'm a coyotes/jets fan because when I was kid collecting hockey cards I liked their team and I've stuck with them.

You must love the thousands of young "penguins" fans who follow that team because of Crosby!

Boston Bruin fan since 1967......... I never understand the reasoning of having to like a team because you live there. To me its like religon,just because your parents are of a faith ,doesn,t mean you have to be the same,use your own brain and choose because YOUR experiences and ideas(free thinking). I saw Bobbby Orr play in the Jrs.and decided at 10years old ,that would be my team......You have choices in life.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

there are bandwagoners in every sport for every team, including your precious leafs. i know plenty of leaf fans that disappear for months at a time and then as soon as they win 2 straight the hats and t-shirts come out, and the annoying facebook messages start... habs fans are especially notorious for disappearing... hell, in their 100th season i didn't know the habs HAD that many fans!

it's funny that you associate cheering for the leafs with being canadian though... that's very typical of leafs fans, and why they are the laughing stock of the country.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

The Leafs are Canada's team... there is no denying it! Check out any road game they play and tell me that you don't see any Leaf jersey's in the crowd.

Very much like the Yankee's are America's team as well as the Cowboys...

It sure makes them easy to hate, doesn't it!?

I think that that alone, is enough to get every other fan worked up! And the Leaf's propensity towards making stupid personel decisions and their inability to win anything of significance also makes them an easy target.

Haters are gonna hate!

HH

I've had the pleasure of listening to the same debate at a well known "southern Ontario" university. It came down to pretty much a somewhat racist approach to sports. "I'm Canadian, so I cheer for the leafs" how that makes any sense is beyond me, but it is interesting.

I myself am Canadian, born and raised in northern Ontario, There are photos of me around 2-3 years old with an oilers jersey. Why? I have no idea. My mother says it was because it was in the early Gretzky era and the jerseys were abundant n cheap. A few years later i got my first habs jersey. Why? I have no idea. But I've been a proud habs fan ever since. What boggles my mind the most is my mother hates hockey, and my father is a leafs fan.

To say all Canadians have to cheer for Toronto, or any Canadian team for that matter is narrow minded. Plain and simple. I guess that comes from a Toronto is the be all and end all of Canada state of mind. Have fun down there.

It's a game, quit over analyzing it and enjoy it for what it is.... a game.

I know we (the Leafs) have sucked, but they're my team and always will be, "I Am Canadian", this is where I grew up and live, and I'm in it for the long haul (for better or worse)

yeah, there are, there have been and likely always will be, other "good" teams I could choose to become a fan of, the leafs suc but so do the sens

how many sens shirts and hats do you see when you're travelling abroad? it's all leafs and some habs

Chris you're welcome in my boat any time buddy. :lol:

this is by the author of the "crap MY DAD SAYS" website on being the fan of a sports team.. hahaha... It's not for minors as it contains coarse language but it gives perspective for all of us fanATICS.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7654198/the-writer-crap-my-dad-says-why-your-team-give-damn-you

Thanks, that was a great & hilarious read and by all means true.

The Leafs are Canada's team... there is no denying it! Check out any road game they play and tell me that you don't see any Leaf jersey's in the crowd.

Very much like the Yankee's are America's team as well as the Cowboys...

It sure makes them easy to hate, doesn't it!?

I think that that alone, is enough to get every other fan worked up! And the Leaf's propensity towards making stupid personel decisions and their inability to win anything of significance also makes them an easy target.

Haters are gonna hate!

HH

While I agree Toronto has one of the biggest fanbase in the league, the fans don't do the team any favours by spending the $ they do for the product they get. From merchandise to tickets, leaf fans have to break away from their stubborn ways and not give them more $ then they deserve. They are only "Canada's team" by geographic location and being an original 6.

It's Canada's team because it's Toronto, the most populated city in Canada. Aside from that, it's run by Americans and played by foreigners (Unless 'call up Kadri' counts). It's funded by blinded rich folks who feel the ACC is a good place to either show off their latest Armani suit or host a business meeting all the while being waited on for overpriced drinks.

I've had the displeasure of watching the Leafs fail all my life. I've been to dozens of games, tickets given to me each year but in 2008, I remember just sitting there in the golds surrounded by guys in suits in every direction not caring about anything on the ice. It irritated me to the point that I have no desire to go anymore, I'd rather be at an OHL game any day of the week. I'd bet money that when the Leafs play in Buffalo or Ottawa there is just as many if not more Leaf jerseys in the crowds then at the ACC. It's sad, the real fans deserve to be treated better, both on the ice and in their own building.

I go to a few Barrie Colts games each year and have a blast every time. OHL is a different breed and a lot more for fun, not to mention every fan cares about the team on the ice.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I go to a few Barrie Colts games each year and have a blast every time. OHL is a different breed and a lot more for fun, not to mention every fan cares about the team on the ice.

I am a season ticket holder with the soo greyhounds. I love OHL hockey because it is phenomenal hockey by kids who have something more than money to play for.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

There's only one "canada's" team so get over yourselves.

team_canada_hockey.jpg

I'd bet money that when the Leafs play in Buffalo or Ottawa there is just as many if not more Leaf jerseys in the crowds then at the ACC.

I can vouche for that. The Toronto fans actually create a fun atmosphere. I'll give you 3 guesses which out of town fans consistantly make me wish I hadn't bought a ticket???