Gibson Lake(Muskoka)

xrap

I've been to the lake couple times so far drilled 80-100 holes and cant seem to locate any fish. Fish depths that vary from 14-52 feet and can't even mark any fish on the flasher except for rockbass. Just wondering if anyone has every fished this lake and had the same expierences as me. If anyone has any tips on where I should be looking for fish, that would be awesome.

Did the same thing once last year and once this year.

In a group of 3 last year I think we only got 1 or 2 very small perch? I believe they were caught in the weeds shallow.

This year I only got a few dink perch too. 24-32FOW in an I think featureless bottom. It's a tough lake through the ice.

Is that part of the canoe route with the free camping? My experiences on these lakes is there is minimal catch and release, resulting in minimal fish in the lake. Catching fish while camping makes people feel like survivorman and they must eat what they catch

No it's not. I drove by those canoe portage camping lakes you're talking about the other day and saw lots of holes drilled with weeds under the ice.

What are they going for there? Panfish? I was meaning to maybe fish that spot because of how scenic it looked, but I guess there's not really a point.

I have caught tons of fish there in the summer. Walley, Pike, crappie, smallmouth, and largies. Not to mention huge suckers and tons of sunfish.

The lake holds lots of fish in specific areas. I am not sure how much these fish will move but I know for a fact I have never caught a fish in that lake over 20 ft down. From what I understand, there is an oxygen issue below that. Not sure how true it is. I have boat loads of photos too. I am sure if you use the search you can find them.

Chris, is there a public ramp on that lake?

Yes. Take south gibson lake rd. It is off the 400 extenstion. Easy to access and decent enough. It is about 5 minutes off the hwy. I have fished that lake since I was 18. It is a bit tricky but every year I fish there the fish are still in the same spots. I actually really like the lake. Come see me if you plan on fishing it and I will give you some spots.