Don Cherrys rant NF

tb4me

I already made this statment:

"Anybody foolish enough to pick hockey players based on their birth certificate instead of their ability, talent, effort and character, deserves the team that results from those decisions."

Cherry can be entertaining in a car wreck sort of way, however, he has become a caricature of himself and there is very little balance provided. Ron used to provide some counter to Cherrys statements, but they have been together too long and are too "buddy buddy".

I couldn't have said this better myself.

We have made a drinking game out of every time he mentions the old days just to make himself relevant ("I had 5 twenty goal scorers in Boston" None of them would score 5 goals in today's NHL).

I think that the entire CBC broadcast has become extremely over produced, but I am just plain tired of Don (and by association I suppose, Ron).

Jim

first time i've seen it, he's passionate of what he speaks, some dont like that, it's what he's paid for so be it. The fact that he ends most of his segments the way he did in this one shows me what kind of guy he really is.

IMO we need more people/segments on tv like this.

I have no idea why Don hates Burke so much, but one thing is for sure . The Leafs are in there usual 12th in the east and Burke has had enough time for his "plan" to show results. He should have been fired as well.

I know things take time,but the resources available over the past 4 years boggles the mind.:wallbash:

I have mixed feelings in regard to his rant. I believe he was right on the money but he went over the top. His point would have had more merit if he had of stayed calm.

Not staying calm is part of Don's appeal to me. Too many people self-censoring for fear of their own job, covering their :asshat: , being all P.C. Love him or hate him, agree with him or not, I think it's refreshing in this day and age to see someone actually get jacked up about something they believe in.

CBC will find a way to "retire" Don this summer, they definitely don't want to lose their tv rights because of him. I found myself tuning out on Cherry years ago, not sure if it was anything in particular or just his usual bluster. By all accounts from friends who know him, he's a really good guy in person but when he gets in front of the camera...

As for MacLean, I have no idea what's up with him, probably just gave up.