fishing apps

wormdunker

I purchased an iphone in June still learning all the ins & outs. I recently bought the navionics app which cost $15.00. Works great. If U were to purchase the navionics chip for a chartplotter the cost is $300.00, other maps R $170.00. Over the week end I saw Italo advertising a GPS app that is free. Go to ufindfish.com Looks good. I haven't loaded the app yet. Does any one have experiences with ufindfish.com? Please comment. Thanx

I bought an Android phone and took it back. I was at Italo's seminar were he was talking about that app. You have to create a Gmail account to down load it. I played with it for a couple days with not much luck. every time I Zoomed in on a lake it froze and I had to log in again. Took the phone back and got my money back, went back to the old cel. I have a hand-held GPS, works good enough for me. Those big thin phones wouldn't last with me,I could see myself braking it or on the bottom of the lake. But that's just me. :whistling::rolleyes:

the ufish app is not great. WFN has a basic one and also a fishing log/journal one that you have to pay for; I think it will be useful in the summer (planning to buy it then). Cabelas has one for their products. Haven't found one from BPS yet.

I purchased an iphone in June still learning all the ins & outs. I recently bought the navionics app which cost $15.00. Works great. If U were to purchase the navionics chip for a chartplotter the cost is $300.00, other maps R $170.00. Over the week end I saw Italo advertising a GPS app that is free. Go to ufindfish.com Looks good. I haven't loaded the app yet. Does any one have experiences with ufindfish.com? Please comment. Thanx

I looked at that ufindfish site and wasn't very impressed. The fact that you need a google account to use it is a huge red flag for me. As soon as they say you have to use a google account, it means that it's all about google taking over the world, not about a good fishing site. (kind of like Pinky and Brain)

I did find it funny that the only "Pro Marker" on Nipissing was nearly exactly where I fish sometimes. haha.

Thanx guys for your input. I do have a Garmin 72 hand held Gps, with the Navionics on my iphone, I think I'm good to go. As I am of the older generation I like to ask the the experts - usually the younger folks. If it's new & worthwhile U younger guys have the edge! I was looking to get a newer GPS but $500 bux is not in the budget at this time. Feel free to offer advice, cause I don't know the newer modern electronics. Thanx

I just downloaded the "U Find Fish" app for my iPhone. It was free so I figured I'd give it a try. You need to create an account in the app (no google account required). You then have access to "hotspots". The hotspots are overlayed onto Google maps. How credible the hotspots are is anyone's guess. I don't know if I'd pay for it but for free it's fun to brows around on.

I looked at that ufindfish site and wasn't very impressed. The fact that you need a google account to use it is a huge red flag for me. As soon as they say you have to use a google account, it means that it's all about google taking over the world, not about a good fishing site. (kind of like Pinky and Brain)

I did find it funny that the only "Pro Marker" on Nipissing was nearly exactly where I fish sometimes. haha.

It's about logging into the Android Market, nothing else....