Anyone itching for bass yet ???

Iam Bassitchin , looking forward to getting out and trying for thease babies , but all i have is the gear for fall fish'en and nothing for spring .

You can use the same gear you use in the fall in the spring... You just have to slow down if the water is really cold. US side is open all year so if you get a US licence you can go out and get them from shore or from a boat. If fishing canadian opener and you dont have a boat there will still be lots of fish shallow so you can walk shorelines and cast jerk baits, lipless cranks and topwater.. the smallies will be there waiting to smash !

You can use the same gear you use in the fall in the spring... You just have to slow down if the water is really cold. US side is open all year so if you get a US licence you can go out and get them from shore or from a boat. If fishing canadian opener and you dont have a boat there will still be lots of fish shallow so you can walk shorelines and cast jerk baits, lipless cranks and topwater.. the smallies will be there waiting to smash !

This year will be a early spawn so from shore on the opener in southern ontario they most likely won't be all hanging around. Also with such a warm winter the algae will be so bad and cause most smallies to move out and stay out and largies aren't the easiest to catch from shore.

Edited by Live2fish85

Hey thanks a lot for that RLFT , the bass thing is some thing all new for me to try this year , i picked up every thing i needed last fall to go get at them and never was able to make it out , as for the U.S. open thats out for me , i am a stay close to home boy for now . When the time comes for them on Simcoe i'll be there trying my best .

This year will be a early spawn so from shore on the opener in southern ontario they most likely won't be all hanging around. Also with such a warm winter the algae will be so bad and cause most smallies to move out and stay out and largies aren't the easiest to catch from shore.

I'll have nothing to worry about right , your coming with me are'nt you Timex ?