Husky Jerk Fish Hook in the Face - Video

Djeep

Im sure lots of members have had an unfortunate incident where someone ends up getting hooked!

Let's hear your experiences. Here is one of mine.

Below is a link to a video I made of a fishing trip last fall that went sour on the first cast.

My buddy in the back of the boat got a lil overzealous, I dont fish with him anymore lol!

After working the barb loose, it popped right out. The most painful part was the initial smack to the face lol.

Edited by Djeep

yeeouch! You were very calm.

I've also been lucky and only had a few minor incidents in my life.

Last week was a CLOSE call though.... I caught a perch on my tippup then noticed my second line dropping, I ran to the second line not knowing that I was twisted in the first one. Just before I reached the hole, the hook flipped up right at my neck, barely missing me. w00t.gif

yeeouch! You were very calm.

I've also been lucky and only had a few minor incidents in my life.

Last week was a CLOSE call though.... I caught a perch on my tippup then noticed my second line dropping, I ran to the second line not knowing that I was twisted in the first one. Just before I reached the hole, the hook flipped up right at my neck, barely missing me. w00t.gif

A double-header and almost 1 neck.

Touch wood, i have never been hooked. I have,however,hooked my dads glasses and used them as bait,when i was a kid, and once, i hooked the brim of my own hat, and pitched it into the water.

BUT I DONT DO THAT ANYMORE THOUGH....blush.gif Just in case we ever fish together.

A buddy of mine likes to set the hook so hard ,a couple of times a day you hear the lure go by your head.Scares the heck out of us.He just can't help the excitement when a fish hits. No one has been injured as of yet. Luckily he only gets out with us three or four times a year.:worthy:

Edited by davey buoy

long story short port stanely young like 8years old, learning to cast had one go wild but did not know. Felt a tug and set the hook like dad taught me. I faought that fish hard it felt like a big one.......turns out it was some poor bugger walking down the peir, got him right in the knee.....i'll never forget the car ride home. Dad just said nice hook set. lol true story

Going back about a decade, a buddy of mine took a fully loaded Suick to the back of the head. Problem was too many people in the boat, guy loaded the rod and as he was pitching forward caught the guy all the way to the bend. I wasn't there, but both guys have gotten over it since and laugh about it every now and again. ALWAYS wear glasses!!