accomodation for large group

SylvanOwner

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me out here. We've got some extended family coming from England for a couple weeks in August and they've exressed interest in doing a cottage rental for 3 or 4 days. We've beeen hunting around a lot on-line but just haven't found exactly what we're looking for, here's the criteria;

sleeps 12

2 bathrooms (or more)

swimming for young children

max. $2500

within 2.5 hours of GTA

bonuses;

boat launch nearby

dock for small boat

good fishing

Most places price by the week which is fine as long as it is within $2500.

Thanks.

You might be able to fit them into the Hilltop Luxury Cottage at Muskie Bay Resort on Rice Lake. The owner is a great guy and runs a nice clean place. Fishing can be good for walleye and bass. Great panfish for kids.

Elmhirst's on Rice Lake also has a 5 bedroom cottage, but I am not sure how much it is. They tend to be pricey.

Pleasant Cove in Pointe au Baril on Georgian Bay also has a large 4 bed cottage that might work out for you.

I have been the the ones I mentioned above, but even though I haven't been, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest looking at Limberlost Lodge as it might be a perfect spot for your group. Their Long Lake cabin sleeps 12 and the Falcon Bay cabin sleeps 15. Fish for brook and rainbow trout. I don't know about bringing in your own boat though.

Edited by FishLogic

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Will definitely be checking them out and I can already see some options that haven't been explored yet.

Fishlogic - funny that you mention Limberlost, had never heard of it until a couple weeks ago when someone mentioned it during a totally unrelated conversation. Looks like a very interesting place, unfortunately booked for the time we're looking.

Dan

cottage country rentals.

It is going to be tough on that budget to find a cottage in August. Many of the best valued (price and accommodation) cottage rentals are long gone by March. That said what the other guys suggested going with a resort type place with multiple cottages or rooms, one would think you could find what you need.

Call Andrea at Scotsman Point on Buckhorn Lake, she may have room...Nice place, Andrea is an excellent host! Boat launch right there, small beach for the kiddies...

X2.

Lots to do in the surrounding area also. Visit the lock in Buckhorn, the lift lock in Peterborough, Beautiful little golf course right next to the Resort. Etc Etc.