Fishing goal for this year.

bucktail

A couple of fishing budys and I once had the chance to fish Moon River. When we arrived, the man in charge of the marina said there was a man down on the docks with the local press about to take a picture of a possible record breaker--Musky.

Of course we ran down to see the fish and it was huge. He had trouble holding the fish up past his waiste (chained) for the picture. If I remember correctly, it rang in at forty-seven pounds. It's eyes were deep black and as big as ours.

He caught it top water trolling using large suick, dark in color with an orange belly Near the boat he said it broke water, breaking his rod (and it sure was shattered mid-point) and had to complete the catch with just the reel and reel mount are of what rod he had left. See: http://bigwoodmuskyl...aits&make=Suick

Needless to say, we were there for three days and camped on an island--no one would go in the water after seeing that monster, lol.

Anyway, I, having caught only two 6 lb (20 min apart(immediately released)) muskies in all the years I fished, my goal is to catch a monster this year. I think I will use top running musky spinners or perhaps a suick? Probably fishing Buckhorn or Pidgeon lakes?

Such an epic story. How much $$ does a trip like that run?

Last year me and my buddy missed our Kawartha fishing trip so my goal this year is to get back out for that, hopefully we can break our softwater curse and actually land some walleye or bass this year.

I've lived a pretty charmed (albeit short) fishing career due to being able to spend a few years in Northern Ontario so size and number arn't really goals for me. That being said I'd love a weekend to be able to head back up to Thunder Bay to do some fishing, so I guess I'll add that to my list.

Oh, and there was a river just outside of Goderich I've been meaning to fish for 2 years now. This year I want to get in for the spring to land some of the walleye that were packed into there.

I'd love to catch a Salmonid over 2 pounds though that may be a bucket list thing rather then a this year goal.

Edited by jeremy84

My first muskie was on a topwater :) :) And of course I was fishing for bass!!! LOL

Mike, have caught many musky on bass topwaters.

They are just snack size for them.

Never landed one on musky topwater (ie; Topraider, Jackpot, etc...)

Often went to set the hook and had big lure flying back at me. :Gonefishing::w00t: