Fishing goal for this year.

bucktail

I'm going to try and keep realistic and say an PB musky (currently my PB is 43) and PB pike (currently 40). I am heading to lake of the woods so I am hoping I can get these on the same trip. I also would like to spend 10+ days outside of my trip chasing ski's closer to home. I would also like to break the 40" or 30lb barrier for salmon.

However those are just numbers that are somewhat irrelevant as my most important goal is to get out with my brother in law at least twice and maybe convince my father in law to go fishing for the first time in years. For some reason I think that a few days fishing with these two guys would mean more to me than a new PB. One of these years I will also make time to go visit my bro and put the custom fly rod that he built me to work on the bow river.

Well, I have a dream: I have wanted to do this for as long as I can remember, I am going to make it happen if not this year, for sure next!

I would love to have a float plane pick us up here at my dock on Sturgeon Lake. Fly my son (and/or) daughter and I to some spectacular "fly-in-only" lake for trout or walleye (don't really care which, numbers more than size).

Have a camp for us to stay in (and the camp doesn't have to be fancy, just comfortable) with a guide and cook (could be one in the same) so all we have to do is relax, fish, eat, and enjoy. At the end of our trip, have the plane fly us back here and drop us off at our dock. (or perhaps pick up and drop the kids off at points in between).

Cliff that was dads dream and one of the very few things we did not do was a fly in fishing trip we have been to many lakes north of Sudbury with fly in quality but he always looked at the fly in place along HWY 144 when we would be heading north and say one of these days. It never happened and when I tried to get him for one 2007 after our may 24 trip he did not want to leave mom at home with out himself so if you have the chance this year just do it.

Help fishgreg reach his muskie goal this summer... and in the process, get my 50!

Ok, my other goals or fishwishes include any or all of the following:

5lb largemouth (PB is 4.75)

40" pike (PB is 37")

30lb salmon (PB is 20ish)

25lb channel cat (PB is 22)

Get my first topwater ski

Catch a LSC ski

Catch a Rice Lake ski

Make it to the Lakair GTG/fish Nipissing

Explore 3 new Kawartha lakes

Try open water whitefish/lakers on Simcoe

Try for Quinte walleyes in the fall

Catch a gar

I like to stay sharp - never know when I'll need to burn Geoff over the wasp nest fiasco whistling.gif

it was far from a fiasco; some are just not as bright as others... :whistling:

me, I want a new PB LMB (over 5.5LB), a 50"+ musky, a new PB over 6LB SMB, a 30"+ walleye (current PB is 29"), a red rider bbgun and a whole mess of eater size perch... :clapping:

it was far from a fiasco; some are just not as bright as others... whistling.gif

me, I want a new PB LMB (over 5.5LB), a 50"+ musky, a new PB over 6LB SMB, a 30"+ walleye (current PB is 29"), a red rider bbgun and a whole mess of eater size perch... clapping.gif

I can see a new BB Gun in your futurewhistling.gifangel.png

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i've recently heard of a possible career opportunity that might ensure i don't get much fishing time in the next year so my goal is to get one portage trip for brook trout this soft water season. it's a far cry from a few years back when I was able to fish more than 100 days a year.

Techniques that I want to master: Jigs, jigs, jigs, & walking the dog.

Jerkbaits year round is something that I'm hoping for. I hope smallies will be nice to me this year.

A first 5+ LMB would be nice too.

Hooking and finally landing a Simcoe 6+ will be another goal.

Would really love it if I found myself a spot in the fishing industry, whether with my graphic design or with my fishing skills.

40+ inch salmon

34+ inch walleye

36+ inch pike.

Watch my son boat a King by himself, and laugh his head off as he tells me he's got the biggest fish of the day, grinning from ear to ear.

More time on the water with friends and family

My mother mailed me some Alabama rigs today. Wanna find some uses for other then bass>>I have a plan for them. i will telll everyone in late april if it worked ;-)

The other one is to get that 50 inch plus musky. I have 6 between 47 and 49 grrrrrrrr

That and get my neck fixed so I can do something , anything this year. As a captain Ill vicariosly live through my teammates.

Oh and get my monster deer back from Advanced and find out if hes big enough to go into the FROW and Pope and Young!

Darren

Land a tarpon in Cuba in may on the fly rod , then land one around the 100lb mark

This is on my fishing bucket list. Please let me know how this goes!

This year? I want to catch more pike. Go up north and catch a nice one. Haven't seen enough pike action yet.

Get my first topwater ski

Good Luck!

Musky spinnerbaits, bucktails, shallow minnowbaits no problems.

After numerous hits and muskies on over last 25 yrs. still haven't landed a topwater 'ski.

Gonna give this topwater musky thing top priority this year.

A couple of fishing budys and I once had the chance to fish Moon River. When we arrived, the man in charge of the marina said there was a man down on the docks with the local press about to take a picture of a possible record breaker--Musky.

Of course we ran down to see the fish and it was huge. He had trouble holding the fish up past his waiste (chained) for the picture. If I remember correctly, it rang in at forty-seven pounds. It's eyes were deep black and as big as ours.

He caught it top water trolling using large suick, dark in color with an orange belly Near the boat he said it broke water, breaking his rod (and it sure was shattered mid-point) and had to complete the catch with just the reel and reel mount are of what rod he had left. See: http://bigwoodmuskylures.com/lures.php?cat=jerkbaits&make=Suick

Needless to say, we were there for three days and camped on an island--no one would go in the water after seeing that monster, lol.

Anyway, I, having caught only two 6 lb (20 min apart(immediately released)) muskies in all the years I fished, my goal is to catch a monster this year. I think I will use top running musky spinners or perhaps a suick? Probably fishing Buckhorn or Pidgeon lakes?