Fishing goal for this year.

bucktail

I tyhink I am going to try and go back to my roots ( grew up in Belleville) and get back that jig feel, wether it's a hair jig for sallies, or a big jig and plastic for largemouths or a delicate jig and minnow for eyes.

I used to be master with a jig and after many years of power fishing I dont have the feel or the patince as i used too.

What is the tecnique your going to spend a little more time on this year.

Darren

Darren, I think the first technique should be to check in to your tourney team thread. That'd be team 4 for you. They're all waiting for you y'know. :)

casting, been downrigging for 7 years lost my touch and feel, worst of all my daughter broke my 18 year old quantam tour edition rod, love my kid but caught alot of fish casting with that rod, loved that rod. Got to start all over with a new stick. Wish me luck. Good luck and I prefer mr meanies over all others in the fast moving rivers.

I tyhink I am going to try and go back to my roots ( grew up in Belleville) and get back that jig feel, wether it's a hair jig for sallies, or a big jig and plastic for largemouths or a delicate jig and minnow for eyes.

I used to be master with a jig and after many years of power fishing I dont have the feel or the patince as i used too.

Darren

Depends on what I'm fishing for of course, but for bass--a wobble frog or green spinner baited with a slashed minnow. I generally don't do a lot of largemouth bass fishing unless I'm throwing them back (too many parasites--lol). Generally, I fish walleye, smallmouth, pike and musky. Stream fishing for trout, I have never used anything other than a Panther Martin with yellow body orange dotted w/a #3 trebble hook tri-sharpened. The best stream trout lure I have ever used.

I'd be quite interested in any tips you could give re jig types and jigging techniques? I'm awfull at jigging and would like to learn how to actaully catch something using a jig.

Im dead set on mastering fishing top-waters for bass and pike this summer. Ive never hooked a fish fishing top waters but have had plenty of misses!wallbash.gif I also want to catch my first resident trout, my family has a 100 acre propery in grey county with the rocky saugeen flowing through it, and after about 15 years of camping up there ive still never been able to trick one of these gems. Tons of bass in the near-by lakes though if the trout continue to ignore me this year Gonefishing.gif

Im dead set on mastering fishing top-waters for bass and pike this summer. Ive never hooked a fish fishing top waters but have had plenty of misses!wallbash.gif I also want to catch my first resident trout, my family has a 100 acre propery in grey county with the rocky saugeen flowing through it, and after about 15 years of camping up there ive still never been able to trick one of these gems. Tons of bass in the near-by lakes though if the trout continue to ignore me this year Gonefishing.gif

Where about's on the Rocky? I fish that river all the time for residents.. PM me if you don't wanna post it up in the thread (I wouldn't, lol)

Got to start all over with a new stick. Wish me luck.

Want some lessons? :whistling:

Thanks folks, I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress!

Im dead set on mastering fishing top-waters for bass and pike this summer. Ive never hooked a fish fishing top waters but have had plenty of misses!

Oh man, that's like experimenting with heroin, once you start you'll be addicted for life. Topwater smashes are the most exciting thing you'll get in fishing. I can recommend Chug Bugs, always worked for me. :Gonefishing:

Last year was the year of the soft plastics for me. I can proudly say that I caught most of my fish all year long on soft plastics. Prior to last year, I had rarely used anything outside of hard plastic lures.

With that said, I am hoping to continue improving my soft plastic skills as well as learning to fish bass jigs better. I think I have caught all of 3 fish on bass jigs in my life.

I also want to keep a better, more detailed fishing log.

My biggest goal this year is to get out more during the short Arctic open water season. :whistling:

I always seem to be working around the house too much and end up not getting out on the water. <_<

I want to get into my goto pike ice fishing lake during open water so I can slay a bunch of giant gators on the fly too.

Another goal that I hope to acomplish on my vacation in less than a month is to land a 70#+ Tarpon on a centerpin setup. And get a bunch of good HD video of the accomplishment. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Well one goal is to log more hours on the water. I put less that 10 hours on the boat in 2011. Second is to get out again on the rivers and streams, I miss that terribly. Third is to stop buying gear that is designed to catch fishermen and learn something new at every opportunity.

Break my current musky PB of 53.5 inches...

Get a 40lb carp...

Get a walleye over 30 inches on softwater...

Go to quinte at least 2 times this fall...

Meet more great people...

Good straightforward and probably attainable goals!

Mine are more vague. I want to have more backlake adventures within an hour of home. Local knowledge is a top priority for me right now.

Believe it or not, fish less.

Last season was the first with my new boat. I logged almost 300 hours fishing, most umproductive.

This year i want to plan better, take the time to get to know the river, and try new areas around Montreal.

Oh ya, i want a 52 inch Musky.

Well, I have a dream: I have wanted to do this for as long as I can remember, I am going to make it happen if not this year, for sure next!

I would love to have a float plane pick us up here at my dock on Sturgeon Lake. Fly my son (and/or) daughter and I to some spectacular "fly-in-only" lake for trout or walleye (don't really care which, numbers more than size).

Have a camp for us to stay in (and the camp doesn't have to be fancy, just comfortable) with a guide and cook (could be one in the same) so all we have to do is relax, fish, eat, and enjoy. At the end of our trip, have the plane fly us back here and drop us off at our dock. (or perhaps pick up and drop the kids off at points in between).

Well, I have a dream: I have wanted to do this for as long as I can remember, I am going to make it happen if not this year, for sure next!

I would love to have a float plane pick us up here at my dock on Sturgeon Lake. Fly my son (and/or) daughter and I to some spectacular "fly-in-only" lake for trout or walleye (don't really care which, numbers more than size).

Have a camp for us to stay in (and the camp doesn't have to be fancy, just comfortable) with a guide and cook (could be one in the same) so all we have to do is relax, fish, eat, and enjoy. At the end of our trip, have the plane fly us back here and drop us off at our dock. (or perhaps pick up and drop the kids off at points in between).

DAD !!!!w00t.gif Where have you been all my lifeclapping.gif I have been searching forever to find you.whistling.gif

esnagami lodge out of nakina, eric lund, been there done it and loves it don't know about the front door pick up, anything is possible. Awesomw eye numbers

Anglers have incredible memories....unfortunatelywallbash.gifw00t.gif

how is your dog these days Paul? :whistling:

if its any consolation....i cant find my keys 5 minutes after setting them down... :oops:

as far a techniques go....i would like to knock the dust off my fly gear and see if i cant catch a bigger tree then the last time i had it out...