Notty summer fishing

Drock6687

used to go 2 a couple of spots upstream years ago, caught the odd pike or Bass, of coarse I was targeting trout...best chance I think is to drop in upstream and drift down and have someone pick you up, you can then access many good spots that you can't get to from shore...if you look at the satelite there is a little pond like area, east of blueberry trails I think it was called, between an auto wrecker and the snowmobile route, very hard to access back then, but you may even be able to do some ice fishing there if you can reach it

Pretty much every species of fresh water fish you can find in Canada can be found in the Notty at certain times of the year.

I've seen or caught quite a few different species but, its pretty hit and miss. Sometimes if i feel like doing something different I'll fish it in June or July just for a change. You never know what you might pull out of there. Trust me... B)

The notty is one of only a handful of rivers in Lake Huron which receives a run of lake sturgeon in the spring. There's a small population but they've been deemed threatened recently. This means that there is no legal fishing for sturgeon right now. This change just happened a few years back. Its too bad, would be quite the adventure to try to target sturgeon..the mnr is currently funding research/rehabilitation projects on the notty....