A little perchin

Joeytier

So I had a great day of perchin the other day [plus a decent fleury of walleye at dusk] and decided to try and get a bit of it on film. This being my first official trip with my flasher, I couldn't believe the difference it made in understanding the mood of fish. Given that I spent most of the day on the ice, I was even able to see how the reaction to certain cadances changed throughout the day according to sunlight. Even with the perch, the difference was very noticeable. I hooked an easy mid 20's inch walleye after having to raise him nearly 3 feet off bottom before he committed. He got off at the hole, but that was a fish I certainly wouldn't have coaxed into hitting had I not had my underwater eyes.

Anyone know why the screen shows up like this on video? The solid lines seem to disappear on film.

My link

OK how do I explain the flasher on your video.

The flasher is turning at a certain rpm.

your video camera is at a certain fps (frames per second).

Depending apon when your camera captures a frame the flasher might be a any location.

That is why sometimes you see a red line and sometimes the green and sometimes nothing.

Did that explain it?

Have you evernoticed that when recording a video of your tv the line seems to scan down the tv.

Same problem.....they are not sync'd.

Safe Fishing First,

Jack

Awesome. You will not want to fish 'blind' again.

Says who :whistling::lol: I fish blind and I like it :P:)

I always used to laugh when people would say that, but in many instances it's not far from the truth.

Don't laugh cause it ain't funny :sarcasm: Just kidding :angel: