What 's the cost of no winter?

Hoppy

I only snowblow when shovelling would likely give my a heart-attack.

2 winters ago, up in North Bay, I used my snowblower under 10 times all year. Last year I used it tons, probably over 25 times. This year between early January and the last week of January, I almost used it daily.

We still have quite a bit of snow up here. It'll melt and flow into Nipissing, which will eventually make it into Huron.

I think lake levels will be okay, still lots of winter left too.

We are forecasted for 25 cms around next Wednesday.

The bush up here is full of snow...

Edited by Trouty

well i think the spring steelhead season will be a bust. With no snow pack for run off and all streams ice free the spawn should be done well before the opener,a buddy who lives in goderich says there are already fish on beds in the maitland. Any fish left in the river systems come opener will be beat up, and few and far between with low water conditions.

Also the bug season should be prime with little to no winter kill,I can hardly wait for that spring trip to nipissing with the black flies in may. :thumbsup_anim:

I have lost my whole fishing season and I'm heartbroken but what about the other costs. The problems for the maple syrup industry was already mentioned in another thread. Now I have seen on the news there is a huge algae bloom in Lake Erie because it didn't freeze. I know a lot of you want to get on with the open water fishing, but there has to be more issues with this none winter.

What do you think?

Hoppy

The boys in Brazil don't let the lack of ice get them down!

well i think the spring steelhead season will be a bust. With no snow pack for run off and all streams ice free the spawn should be done well before the opener,a buddy who lives in goderich says there are already fish on beds in the maitland. Any fish left in the river systems come opener will be beat up, and few and far between with low water conditions.

Also the bug season should be prime with little to no winter kill,I can hardly wait for that spring trip to nipissing with the black flies in may. :thumbsup_anim:

Can't really complain about that too much.. Nice when the fish can go do their thing without being hassled. They'll need all the help they can get with the spring we most likely have around the corner.

Edited by BillM

This LINK shows the levels in the Trent-Severn, and more importantly, in the watersheds that feed the T-S. Look at Burnt River, Nogies, and Gull River watersheds. They are well above historic lows, with some nearer to the historic high mark.

With some luck, we should see normal levels or higher.